Thursday, August 14, 2014

Painting the Moon



Author Traci Borum's charmingly sweet novel is set against the idyllic backdrop of the English countryside. It commences with a cottage being left to our heroine Noelle by her great aunt Joy. Of course visions of Kate Winslet's cottage in The Holiday frolicked across my mind.
.
Oh that tiny bastion of English comfy perfection! Every time Noelle made tea I pictured her in this kitchen.

Back to our story! Noelle's great aunt Joy passes away and leaves her entire estate to Noelle. Joy was an internationally renowned artist who suffered a breakdown in her latter years and became a recluse. Looking to settle her aunt's affairs, California girl Noelle crosses the pond and so the adventure begins!
Unbeknownst to her, the cottage holds many secrets that promise to rock Noelle's world and with the help of her childhood BFF Jill and her first love ,Adam, Noelle comes to terms with her loss and discovers wonders she never knew were hers.
This delightful novel has it all,romance, mystery, the hope of second chances and the most charming town since Mitford.I really enjoyed Ms. Borum's engaging descriptions of Chilton Crosse and the residents will remind you of people in your own life.
This is a fun, easy read (my favorite kind) that you will thoroughly enjoy. This would be a great book club selection. How fun would it be to host an English tea for the meeting, complete with scones and jam?
Author Traci Borum

is a writing teacher and a native Texan. She is an avid Masterpiece Theater junkie, a Corgi owner and a blogger.
To purchase
Painting the Moon
go here.

To visit Traci's website and blog go here.

7 comments:

Traci B said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for taking the time to read and review my novel. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Loved seeing the pictures you included, too.

Traci Borum

P.S. That is almost exactly the same kitchen I pictured when I wrote those scenes. ;-)

Stacey said...

Sounds wonderful! I love stories like this and to know that it's written by a Texan is a bonus. :)

Definitely adding to my list right now.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this sounds like my type of book. I've added it to my list. :)

Happy Monday!

Michelle said...

I'm downloading this book...sounds right up my alley and oh how I want to live in that cottage!!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

That sounds like a good read and one for entertainment instead of learning.
Yes that Benjamin is growing up and his mother is holding on with all her fingers...LOL Poor child!

Decor To Adore said...

Now this sounds like my type of book!

I also wanted to thank you for your kind comments and friendship. You are a treasure. Have a blessed week!

Unknown said...

Duly listed on the "to read" list! :)
Sounds like the perfect bookclub read.
~Liz