Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Neighbor's Table

Sarah Harmeyer

is a self professed people gatherer.
Since 2012 Sarah has opened her heart and rustic style backyard table to nearly 2000 guests.


Sarah's Dallas house is small but her yard is not , so she had her Dad build a cedar farmhouse table and benches that seat 20. She hung chandeliers from the tree and got busy inviting neighbors, friends, co-workers and absolute strangers to gather around her table.





Sarah has hosted lunches and showers, concerts and Thanksgiving dinner all around this table.


At each gathering guests sign the table.


Sarah is passionate in her pursuit of hospitality and sincerely sees this as her ministry! I LOVE that! Sarah inspires me so.
I want to love and show hospitality with abandon. To not worry about the napkins all matching or the rolls being slightly overcooked but to delight in the simple presence of my guests and to show the Father's love to each one.
Follow the Neighbor's Table on Instagram here.Or check out her website here.
Did you know you can get Sarah's Dad Leroy to make your very own Neighbor's Table?
Sarah has a goal to have a Neighbor's Table in every state and I hear tell she is well on her way!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

That's awesome! I'm going over to visit her site.
There's a similar site called The Turquoise Table. That lady has a turquoise picnic table in her front yard where people gather. Check her out too. I think she lives in Austin. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love her style! I am reading Bittersweet by Shauna Niequest right now and she entertains with abandon! I love that. :)

~Liz

Saleslady371 said...

What an amazing gift of hospitality. I love the way we are all gifted in various ways. Truly it is the Father's love pouring out through us!!!! I can imagine you this way, Lisa.

Now I'm off to visit her webpage!
Hugs,
Mary

Stacey said...

Lisa, thanks for the sweet comments about my family room. :)

Decor To Adore said...

I love to entertain and made a few notes for creating a pretty table. Thank you for this wonderful spotlight.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I love this! How inspiring on so many levels. I am sharing this with a friend who has this gift.

Karen A Cape Cod Nest said...

Hi there Lisa, thank you for sharing this post it is such a sweet and wonderful thing to do. Gatherings love it.

Laura said...

What a wonderful thing to do and how inspiring.
I want to do that too!
I used to entertain more- of the matching napkin kind.

Hope you are doing well.

Laura