Tuesday, April 3, 2012

When All That's Left of Me is Love

When author Linda Campanella's
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
mother Nancy was diagnosed with terminal cancer, she began the unthinkable journey of life in the shadow of death. Her moving account of her mother's last year of life and ultimate death is both beautifully written and heartbreaking.
When All That's Left of Me is Love
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
recounts Linda's determined stance to make sure her mother did not "stop living while she waited to die".
While Ms. Campanella's book is heartbreaking it is not maudlin, rather it is filled with love and laughter. Linda's recollection of her remarkable mother is so complete you too will share in her loss.This would be an especially thoughtful gift for someone who has recently lost someone dear. Although not a road map for the grieving, I do believe there are many revelations in it that will be most helpful to any caregiver of a gravely ill person.And for those grieving the loss of a loved one, it will shine a light of hope at the end of that dark tunnel saying,"I made it and you will too". Lastly, When All That's Left of Me is Love is a love story between a daughter and her most cherished mother.
To visit the author's website go here.

To host a book tour on your own blog please visit TLC Book Tours
Image and video hosting by TinyPic







8 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Sounds like a good one, great title, says it all doesn't it. :)

Linda Campanella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Campanella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Campanella said...

Glad you liked the book, Lisa -- and especially glad you feel you got to know my "remarkable" mother. Thank you for sharing that. And yes, Julie, I do think the title captures the essence -- the heart -- of my story. Initially I chose a different title, and I'm so glad I made the change. When I was rereading the manuscript looking for inspiration for a different title, this line from one of the many poems I share in the book really spoke to me. It spoke to me as though it were my mother speaking to me. And her message, I believe, was that we could keep loving her if we love others. Her love lives in me and through me.
Linda Campanella

Laura said...

Lisa- are you OK?
Is your family OK after the storms today?

Thinking of you-

Laura

myletterstoemily said...

hi lisa!

it's been too long. i hope you didn't have
terrible damage from the tornadoes.

this book looks like a powerful one.

He is risen!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I agree that this would make a wonderful gift for a friend who has recently lost a loved one. Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for being a part of the tour.

Liz said...

Oh my... I got teary just reading your review. I have jotted the title down. It sounds like a good one for the Book Club!

Thanks!
~Liz

Blogging tips