Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Than Words Can Say

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chelsea Enright has just received an inheritance, her late grandmother's lakeside cottage. This is not a cottage where Chelsea or even her mother spent summers or vacations. No one has even visited the place since her grandmother closed it decades before. The quaint cottage bears secrets of a wartime love affair that could prove devastating to Chelsea and those dearest to her. It's a good thing Chelsea's next door neighbor is a handsome doctor who loves a good mystery. Together they unravel the wartime love story the cottage has kept secret for all these years.
Mr. Barclay is so adept at his beautiful descriptions of the cottage I felt like I would know it, should I happen upon it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
No this isn't it, but it ought to be!
I loved reading about the cottage with its pink quartz fireplace and crackling fire, the stateside French cafe and Greg's purple coneflowers.There are even recipes included that the character Chelsea's grandmother created, each charmingly named after an Allied war hero.
I enjoyed More Than I Can Say very much and would highly recommend it! It's that perfect combination of love story/mystery with a dash of history thrown in for good measure. This would be a good book to read on a snowy day in front of a roaring fire. Watch the weather report and go get your copy...Quick before the storm hits.

Thanks for joining me on this fun book tour! To host a book tour on your own blog visit TLC Book Tours.







6 comments:

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

This sounds great! I am off to check it out now! Thanks!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

I haven't read this book, but I love the cottage you chose to go with your post. It is so lovely.

Liz said...

Oh! This does look great! I will put it on my must read list!!! :)

~Liz

heathertlc said...

I'm SO glad you love this book so much! Thanks for being a part of the tour. I'm featuring your review on TLC's Facebook page today.

Cindy said...

Sounds exactly like my kind of read. I adore a book that has lots of lovely descriptions of the rooms, etc. Will add it to my growing list of look fors! :)

Betsy said...

Looks like a perfect read for a cold, snowy day! I'll add it to my list!

Blogging tips