Sunday, January 29, 2012

Martha Stewart

By now you've heard that The Hallmark Channel has cancelled The Martha Stewart Show.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I've no doubt that some other smart studio exec will snap her up. Oprah, are you listening?
I ,for one, am a bonafide Martha groupie. When I had wee ones at home and felt overwhelmed by the magnitude of making and keeping a home...there was Martha, calm and collected and just a bit stand-offish. She was like the perfect Home Ec. teacher. The home arts were no laughing matter , but if you paid attention she could help you with everything from making the perfect cake
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
to vegetable gardening
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
to organizing your kitchen.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Who knows, maybe they'll bring back the old show's format, remember? No audience, just Martha...baking, gardening, decorating, getting out stubborn stains, showing us exactly how to fold a fitted sheet. I much prefer her in that setting. I could never buy into Martha being chatty and engaging. Just like your favorite teacher, you wouldn't want to get too close. It ruins the mystique of it all.No I liked Martha by herself, taking me on field trips to dairy farms and museums, inviting me into her kitchen at Turkey Hill while she whipped up a sweet perfection, smiling, cordial and just a bit aloof. That was Martha at her best.









8 comments:

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

You can't keep martha down for long. I am sure she'll pop up somewhere soon. And I liked the old format better too.

Julie Harward said...

I agree, she has always inspired me, and yes she has a huge staff to help her look good but she is an awesome lady1 ;D

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh when mine where little I would have lunch in my room and watch Annette Jennings...we didn't get Martha, but she would inspire my decorating genes...which were on hold most of the time while teaching the kids.

I do enjoy Martha's show..I haven't seen one I haven't enjoyed, and I too hope to find her showing up on another channel.

Liz said...

I have not been able to see M.S. in I don't know how long! I miss her. Maybe they will put her back on. What about the Food Network?

~Liz

Stacey said...

Martha has always inspired and intimidated me. Just can't imagine that she won't be on tv. She'll show up somewhere....no doubt.

Harriet said...

I liked her old format too. I think she also has great tools.

Kathy said...

I agree with you, no audience and no celebrities. Good Ole Martha and all her talent and wonderful taste. Kathy

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

I love Martha too, and I hadn't heard they had cancelled her. She'll bounce back no doubt.

Blogging tips