Friday, January 20, 2012

Do It Yourself Scratch-Offs!

Love is in the air.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Valentine's Day that is and nobody does it better than Better Homes and Garden magazine.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The February issue features so many fun projects to do for (and with) your family
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
but this one ,in particular, really caught my eye
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It's a do it yourself scratch off! The magic scratch off solution is two parts metallic acrylic paint to one part dishwashing liquid. They painted it on clear Con-tack Paper and then cut the heart shapes. Isn't this fun? You could use it for invites and door prizes for a school fund raiser or your own pool party please come's. The possibilities are endless. To read the instructions and to get the how to's for this card go here.

I'm linking up with Beverly for Pink Saturday!







11 comments:

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

The perfect Valentine post....
HPS!
♥ Jil

chubskulit said...

Lovely pink!

My PINK is inviting you to come and see. Have a nice weekend!

Cat & Cricket said...

happy PS!
I don't know how I never came across you!!
Love your blog... your newest fan!
Smiles~
C

1CardCreator said...

Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane

Lorraine said...

What cute Valentine ideas!! I love the fabric hearts (partial to toile) and the matchbook valentine cards! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Gabriela Delworth said...

HPS!

Love those gift wraps!


Gabriela

Marti McClure said...

Lisa, That scrath off Valentine idea is just great. Thanks so much for sharing the formula! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

paintedlady89 said...

Such fun ideas for valentines day!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Gigi

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I am going to have to pick up a copy because I am really loving these images you have shared.

Thank you! :)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Well you have got my creative juices going for Valentines' day..and how fun would that be to do that...the K-class would so enjoy it..thanks for sharing.

Hope you enjoyed this beautiful day today...what a warm and sunshiny January...no complaints from this Texas girl

Thanks for your precious comment on the stereo typing...God has really tapped me on the shoulder on that one...the stereotyping..and it just happened to come in the from of schooling!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine said...

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for posting this.

I'm so very late with my Pink Saturday visits but I hope you had a great one!

Blogging tips