Friday, August 19, 2011

A Dallas Designer With a Mississippi Heart

I'm on my way to Norman, OK this weekend to help move #2 son to his OU apartment, but before I go I wanted to share these beautiful photos of Dallas designer Dawn Henderson's work. She lives in Dallas but hails from Mississippi and since we're all flocking to see The Help I thought this a fitting homage to that great southern state.:) BTW did you know our sweet Nate Berkus was a producer for The Help? Who knew!!! Enjoy the pics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To visit Dawn's website please go here










12 comments:

Marydon said...

Oh, Lisa, how lovely a share.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

red.neck chic said...

I am a HUGE fan of Mississippi... HUGE! I don't know why - but there is something so... calming about that state! Especially the Delta - I can amuse myself for HOURS just driving along - especially in the Delta!!!

I am now trying to figure out how to make my bed a 4-poster so I can find some lace... GORGEOUS!!!

Happy Friday - have fun with your son!!!
;-D robelyn

Anonymous said...

Best Forex Brokers stp ndd ecn http://4runnerforex.com
free metatrader demo, the top forex broker is 4runnerforex tight low spreads.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Lovely pictures...I did think about you the last few weeks on taking your son to law school...congrats to all. As for OU...well HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!

Have a fun trip my son starts back at UNT, a junior, this week also...his best friend is at OU and visited last weekend.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What fantastic images! That girl has talent in spades.

Cindy said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! And went to see the movie this weekend, and the story and acting was great, but I really found myself caught up in the clothing and especially the backgrounds (beadboard, fans, metal picnic tins - fabulous stuff). Was really great.

Hope you survive. Oh and I FINALLY found a box that your giant tin will fit in...LOL...was trying not to buy one...I think I can make it work and plan to get that out to you this week. Hope you are recovering!

c

Donna Lynn Grace said...

Such beautiful design!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

What beautiful spaces!

Melissa Miller said...

Gorgeous home Lisa!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Oh wow, that is one gorgeous home.

Liz said...

Gorgeous! I love that beautiful accent table and stair case. We're going to see The Help Sunday afternoon and I am almost done with the book. LOVE LOVE LOVE! IT!!!!!

~Liz

Julie Harward said...

I loved every one of these pictures..especially that beautiful bedroom! :D

Blogging tips