Monday, July 25, 2011

The Versatile Paperweight

I know you've all received your August edition of Southern Living magazine.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And I know you all saw the beautiful article featuring Dallas' own, Kimberly Schlegel Whitman.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, after drooling over the Anna Weatherley china did you happen to notice the personalized paperweight used as a place card?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How charming is that? And did you, Dear Ones, know that there is a website that sells the inexpensive kits to make your own personalized paperweights? I didn't either! Have a look
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These kits allow you to use nearly anything to make your own paperweight. How about vintage sewing notions?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Or scrapbook embellishments or even a cherished piece of jewelry.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh, I know your creative gears are going into overdrive now! Go here to order and for more info.








11 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Well I picked that issue up and set it back down...now I will have to get it.

Everything old is new again...I remember when these were in style before and we made them...now I am showing my age. Fun idea!

Thanks...and say cool, today is suppose to be our hottest yet...UGH!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

This is too funny - I stopped reading this page to get the mail and that magazine was in there today! That is a great idea and I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Stacey said...

I was so stunned by her pretty dress that I didn't notice everything else. Wouldn't it be fun to make those paper weights? They are often kind of expensive in the specialty stores.

Donna Lynn Grace said...

These paperweights are fabulous!

Liz said...

That is such a great idea! I have never seen that! :)

~Liz

P.S. beautiful table!

myletterstoemily said...

you always share the most fabulous ideas!
how much fun for a wedding or baby
shower?

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

I just inherited lots of vintage sewing notions from my MIL, and now I know what to do with them. Great idea.

Nancy said...

What a wonderful idea! Oh the fun this would be! And they are beautiful too! Nancy

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Great vintage notions find! I recently got some hooks myself while in a great antique place in "Mayberry" aka Mt Airy, NC.

Melissa Lester said...

What a great find! My mind is spinning with possibilities. You have such a pretty blog. This is my first visit, but I feel right at home.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I love this idea! Thanks for the info.

Blogging tips