Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Beautiful Restoration

Did you see The Nate Berkus Show this week? He featured the most amazing renovation of Prospect Hill Plantation.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Notice the real candle chandie?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And look at these extraordinary walls! The homeowner wanted to keeps all the layers of paint, so they were sanded and sealed with a lime wash.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What a charming vintage style kitchen.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

All this and a view!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To see more of this amazing home go here.







11 comments:

Rita said...

Wow, what a home. thanks for sharing the pictures of it with us. Lucky people who live there.

Julie Harward said...

That is gorgeous..love the kitchen. If walls could talk huh?! ;D

Melissa Miller said...

Wow, Lisa that is one gorgeous home and has so much character. I love the front porch. It resembles the one I have found on the internet that I like in Maryland for our upcoming move. I just posted a picture of it too. What a coincidence.

I hope you are enjoying the summer.
Stay cool! ~Melissa

Melissa Miller said...

Thanks for checking it out Lisa. It's funny how much it reminded me of this home you have shown.

The drink mixes were right next to the Crystal Light. I hope you find them. They are very tasty and delish. :)

Liz said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Those walls are amazing. What a piece of property. I can't even imagine.

~Liz

Jemm said...

Wow that is really beautiful. It looks so peaceful!

Tee said...

Oh girl, my heart just dropped when I saw this! I was in Prospect Hill several years ago during the annual Edisto Fall Historical Tour. The rooms were all empty and still being restored, and the owners were living in the basement, but it was (and is) the most charming basement I've ever seen. You can just feel the warmth in that place. It totally changed my way of thinking about what makes a house a home. Thank you for the heads up - I'll be drooling over these photos for a long time to come!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

How beautiful...so enjoyed these pictures! Love the lime washed walls...I have tried to faux paint that look before.

Yes I go to the Village...it is a young people's church...college age dominate...but some of us grey hairs are holding our own.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Oh, thank you Lisa! I love looking at this type of home and their updates! I'm off to see more!

Stacey said...

Wow! What a beauty.

Kathy said...

HOME SWEET HOME
Wow, Wow that is a place I could
call home. The view is spectacular. I love the house. Thanks for sharing
Kathy

Blogging tips