Monday, May 2, 2011

A Fun Summer Project

Because it has rained all weekend and what else is there to do all rainy weekend but shop online (and clean...yuck!) I ordered this.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's Alicia Paulson's Daisychain ABCs Crewelwork Sampler kit which you may purchase on her blog Posie Gets Cozy. Isn't it adorable? I'm so looking forward to stitching the summer (and probably the fall) away. Wish me luck. The last time I embroidered anything ...well, I can't even remember the last time I embroidered anything. Hopefully it will be like riding a bicycle and will all come back to me. Right? Right??? To order your own kit go here.










9 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh I love coming here...we are so on the same page...I too am picking up the hoop, but this time with glasses...LOL It is so much fun to do again, I have one going.

Oh the purse...well Sam Moon!!!

I can't wait to see your finished project, now you have motivated me to do some tonight...thanks!

And we have more rain today!!, we did need it.

Julie Harward said...

I love crewel work and this is really cute! Good choice! ;D

d. reyné said...

I can't remember when I last did any hand work either!
This looks like a really fun project though!
I love the cute whimsical font they used!
Let us see it when you are done!

blessings,
Donna

Rita said...

I am so looking forward to seeing your finished piece! I used to love to do handwork, but it's been a while since I last did any. One of these days, I will pick it up again. Be sure and show us yours when you finish.

EFT Video Emotional Therapy said...

With this adorable kit, i'm sure you'd enjoy embroidering.

Learn EFT said...

I would like to try crewel work as well. thank you for sharing this.

Liz said...

I bet you will pick it right back up! Can't wait to see what you make. :)

~Liz

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Lisa~so nice catching up with you. Looks like I've timed it perfectly for a peek at your latest project in the making. I look forward to the reveal. Don't you find those things we create with our own hands are the most rewarding?

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Cindy said...

Way cute! I have not stitched in ages, something I used to love to do.

-c

Blogging tips