Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Princess Cupcakes

I found this cutie cupcake kit at Barnes & Noble's the other day so I decided to adorn my Easter cupcakes princess style!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you have a little princess of your own, she will love these sweet toppers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's the recipe I used courtesy of Paula Deen.
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
3 eggs
1/2 teas vanilla
!/2 teas butter ext
1/2 teas salt
Preheat oven to 350.Beat for 2 min w/ electric mixer. Divide evenly in muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. Bake for 20-22 min.
Frost with homemade buttercream icing.

Today I'm linking up with Cole for Tuesdays at the Table.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And with Talking Dollars and Cents.









10 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh how cute...I need to do this for my daughter even if she is now 20...too much fun!
Thanks for sharing.

Pat said...

I think what you did to decorate for Easter is fantastic. What a lucky find at B&N.

And, yes, I do love playing around with maps. I'm so glad you visited my blog - gave me the opportunity to see yours - which is wonderful. I'm going to spend some time "looking around." I hope you have a great week!

red.neck chic said...

Oh Lisa - those are sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!

;-D robelyn

Julie Harward said...

I know that any little girl..or mommie would love them..so cute! A good recipe too and I would imagine that you could make a cake with this too! ;D

myletterstoemily said...

i just saw that episode! so glad you made
it and love it, because i never know for
sure if it will taste as good as they let on!

love the princess theme!

Liz said...

What will they think of next!? :)

This recipe sounds yummy!

~Liz

Kathryn said...

Your cupcakes are darling! Please share with our readers by linking up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. Thanks!
http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/strawberry-muffins-with-a-sweet-topping

Rita said...

How adorable! Little girls would love these! Will try the recipe. I love that it has sour cream in it. That will make it good!

Karen said...

OMG How cute are those? Very appropriate for Royal Wedding week. Except I need a princess to bake for! Sigh. Someday.
And Ms. Deen's recipe sounds great!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful week!
Karen

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Beautiful and so yummy! I like using boxed cake mixes. I haven't mastered good homemade cakes yet.
Adorable!
Yvonne

Blogging tips