Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lowcountry Summer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"It is a generally accepted fact that at some point during your birthday you will reassess your life." So begins Dorothea Benton Frank's
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
novel Lowcountry Summer.And boy does her heroine Caroline Wimbley Levine have a life to reassess. Caroline has taken over the reigns as mistress of Tall Pines Plantation from her late mother Miss Lavinia and she has more family shenanigans than you can shake a stick at! Let's see... her brother Trip's alcoholic soon to be ex-wife has a blow up with his current girlfriend, her rebellious nieces with no home training (because the alcoholic sister in law from hell is their white trash Mama) are having inappropriate relations with the help and a cougar with a kid is after her college age son.
Caroline deals with all these goings on with southern grace and the help of her dear friends Millie and Miss Sweetie. Of course there is a little late night romance with a sexy beau, or two to help her take her mind off her troubles.
Ms. Frank's novel is a fun, easy read perfect to take along to the lake on a long weekend. It would also be a fun book club selection, especially if the hostess can make shrimp and grits!
For more info on this delightful book and its author, please visit
www.dotfrank.com









12 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

This one looks like it will be entertaining! I like the shrimp and grits idea. Thanks for the recommendation!
Blessings!

red.neck chic said...

L.O.L.!!! Isn't that daily life? Oh wait... what did I just confess to?

I just ordered it!!! Thank You!
;-D robelyn

Stephanie said...

I've never read her novels, but this one sounds good. And I love the south, so I'm in! Thanks for the recommendation!

Rita said...

Sounds like a great book to curl up with! Thanks for the review! Just might have to see if I can find it. I love to read.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Read this awhile ago...great book.

Melissa Miller said...

It sounds great Lisa. I need to order some books for summer reading. Thanks for the info.

Have a wonderful weekend.
~Melissa

Stacey said...

Has that book been out for awhile? I've read several of her books. Might just be more than one with the lowcountry theme.

heathertlc said...

Shrimp and grits definitely sounds like a Southern dish!

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks for being on the tour.

Beverly said...

I have read all of her books - and this was a great one.

Did you read Plantation - with the same characters?

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Lisa it sounds like it is right up my alley. I like my books like my movies to entertain me, nothing to serious, thank you for the review!!

Carol

Liz said...

Sounds GOOD! :)

~Liz

Cindy said...

Looks good, looking for a good read. I've gone back through some on your book club...I'm headed to Half Price to see just what I can find! :)

-c

Blogging tips