Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Born Under a Lucky Moon

Today I'm hosting a TLC Book Tour for Dana Precious' Born Under a Lucky Moon.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jeannie Thompson has a family full of nuts. They are engaging nuts, loyal nuts, loving nuts but they are nuts. And that being the case, Jeannie would much rather keep the nuts away from her boyfriend...who just proposed.
As luck would have it, most of the nuts live in Michigan and Jeannie lives in L.A. where she is a marketing executive with a semi-major film studio. It's enough that she has to deal with psycho film stars who want Belgian water flown in on their film set or to take Air Force One for a spin. Puh-leeze! Now her sweetheart of a boyfriend is asking to meet her nutty family. What to do? What to do?
I loved reading and learning about Michigan. The author very skillfully manages to weave wonderfully interesting trivia about life along the Great Lakes into her sweet novel. Now I'm wanting to spend Spring Break on Muskegon Lake and learn the fine art of fly fishing! And Dana's depictions of the Thompson's family life with all the sisters crowding into one bathroom, bedroom accomodations that play out like musical chairs and the escape artist shenanigans of Buddy the dog left me smiling as I reached for the phone to call my own sister.
I highly recommend Born Under a Lucky Moon. It is a feel good story about love and families and the ties that bind.

To host a book tour on your blog please visit
www.tlcbooktours.com
Image and video hosting by TinyPic







6 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

It's families like this that remind me how normal my own is. :) This book sounds like a real treat - I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Bevery @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Thanks for the review. I'm always looking for a new book. This one sounds like a good read.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

This sounds cute! I will definitely check it out! Thanks!

Stacey said...

Sounds fantastic. ;)

Stacey said...

Lisa, would you send me your email for the dress give away? Mine is snskee@aol.com.

Gracias. :)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Well some of that is too close to home..we are the family of "nuts" and I so feel for my son as he continues to bring his girlfriend around us, who comes from the most perfect family in the world, total dolls...then she sees us..oh my what she must think!
Sounds like a fun book and I too am wanting to visit that area...if you go, please post your pictures.

Blogging tips