Friday, February 11, 2011

Walking With Elephants

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Suze Hall has a problem. OK, a few problems. Her sweet but clueless college professor hubby doesn't understand how overwhelmed she really is, having recently re-entered the workforce while still cooking, cleaning, carpooling and helping her youngest with his math homework. In between picking up Bob's dry cleaning and his favorite dinner wine, she must manage to dodge her cut throat boss' barbs while still trying to keep her job procuring art books for the publishing company's new division. Oh yeah. She knows nothing about art but she was recently reacquainted with college boyfriend who is now a world famous artist. Hmmm, Hmmm.This might get interesting. Oh. Did I tell you that hubster Bob is taking a six month sabbatical...Down Under?
Karen Bell's Walking With Elephants is a hilarious novel filled with the woes, wisdom and wonder of a modern working woman. Follow Suze, her best friend soap opera writer BFF Marcia, her gay at work husband Elliott, her ex-boyfriend David and sweetie pie husband Bob on an adventure filled with laughter, drama, friendship and love that endures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
To find out about hosting a book tour please visit:
www.tlcbooktours.com






4 comments:

Rita said...

Oh man, sounds like the modern working woman to me. Would love to read the book. You make it sound really interesting. Have a good weekend!

Liz said...

Well! This sounds like I hoot!

I just finished These Is My Words, by Nancy E Turner. WONDERFUL! LOVED IT!
I wish you could come to our bookclub. I think that you would fit in just perfectly! :)

~Liz

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

This really sounds like a fun and easy-to-relate-to novel. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for being a part of this tour.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

This sounds like a fun book. I just finished a silly little piece of fluff (but it was fun) called "i never fancied him anyway" by Claudia Carroll. I just don't get as much time to read during the school year as I do during vacations. Your latest is going on my summer reading list!