Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

This was the view out my back door today.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And because the boys are still home from college and we don't get many snow days in Texas we stayed in and taste tested the new flavored marshmallows, in hot chocolate of course. BTW- It was a tie between the gingerbread marshmallows and the French vanilla.:)
I also made this super easy banana bread.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sorry I didn't take this picture.Yep. Copy and paste.What can I say. It was a snow day.

1 yellow cake mix
1 egg (I used 2)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans

In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs and milk. Add bananas; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans. Pour into 2 geased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
A really tender bread... very yummy with the hot chocolate! Recipe (and pic...I think) courtesy of allrecipes.com








9 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Lisa you are really making me hungry. Banana bread is truly one of the best foods ever created. Yum-o!

What pretty snow pictures you took. We got a bunch here as well. It's freezing and my feet are cold.

Stay warm! ~Melissa :)

Jennie said...

Brrr...it's cold here in Texas! I'm so jealous, would have loved to have remained home with lovely munchies! Instead I pulled on my cowboy boots and drank Swiss Miss.

I'll just envy you! :)

Best wishes to you and stay warm!
Jennie and the chilly Pekes

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh my! Bananas and chocolate! Yumptious! I am going to have to remember that on our next cold weekend.

Sue Giannotta said...

Yum, I never heard of Banana bread made with a cake mix....must try. Enjoy your snow with your college boys.
xoxo

Tee said...

That looks yummy and so much easier than the old fashioned way. I need to try this tomorrow since we'll be on snowbound day #3. Gettin' a little stir crazy around here!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Wow...what a view! The snow is gorgeous!

The banana bread sounds yummy...wish I had some right now...warm and yummy with some butter;)!

Liz said...

Oh Gosh! This looks so yummy! I have some sweet little bunt pans... I bet this would be perfect to try! Thanks for sharing! Stay warm! :)

~Liz

Michelle said...

I love this recipe because it's easy! You know me and easy. :) Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Do you have a recipe for those marshmallows? I made home made ones at Christmas and we loved them!! Those flavors sound great!
Love the snow pictures...wasn't it fun while it lasted?

Oh thanks for the comment on my blog today...yes I have earned those prayer knee pads also!

Blogging tips