Monday, January 3, 2011

Babs' House

My sweet son bought me this
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
for Christmas. I have devoured it I tell you! This beautiful coffee table book chronicles Ms. Streisand's building of a guest house/barn on her Malibu property.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The barn red exterior is quite striking.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The whole basement level of this outbuilding holds Barbra's collected treasures and keepsakes showcased in a Main St. storefront type setting. Very clever!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And please don't overlook her spectacular garden!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The book is just gorgeous and I really enjoyed Ms. Streisand's attention to detail and her pursuit of her architectural dream. Fascinating!





11 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Ooooohhh! Love love love! I want to see it all!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas break and Happy New Year! Can't wait to catch up in 2011!

XOXO
Cathy

Stacey said...

Wow! Wouldn't you just love to walk the ground and have lunch in her kitchen? I'm glad you shared that with us.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I want that book SO BAD! I'll have to wait awhile. Thanks for sharing.

myletterstoemily said...

thank you for such a gorgeous review of
one of my hero's lovely style. when my
husband and i were in high school, he
bought me all her albums. i adored her.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You lucky duck! I saw her guest house on some TV show and I wish we could go visit it! Happy New Year!

Liz said...

Isn't it amazing! So Charming. I saw this book right before Christmas and picked it up but didn't buy it. It is on "The List"! :)

Thanks for showing the inside... I never would have pictured her as country...

~Liz

Kathleen Grace said...

What a gorgeous gift! I would be spending many hours looking through that beautiful book. Happy New Year Lisa:>)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hey, Lisa! I'm on the waiting list for this book at the library! Can't wait to read it. I have to tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your profile! We also have 4 children. Two out of college, a junior and a 13 yr old! Very similar!
Have a great week!

Debbie said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Now I have to go buy the book.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

This is wonderful...I am putting it on my wish list...I just watched "The Way We Were" the other night.
My coffee book from my son was Georgia O'Keeffe...her flowers!
Now I must get off your blog...I am drooling too much!!! LOL

Nancy said...

I enjoyed a peek inside this book. I've seen some other bloggers talking about it too. I want to pick up a copy soon. Looks lovely!

Blogging tips