Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Magnificat: Mary's Song of Praise


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with His arm:
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and exalted those of low degree.
He has filled the hungry with good things;
and the rich He has sent away empty.
He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy;
As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His posterity forever.
Luke 1:46-55 NASB

I'm linking to Spiritual Sundays. Thanks Charlotte and Ginger!










9 comments:

sarah said...

HI Lisa...these verses mean so much to me because He has done great things for me too....His mercy is the best....I was hungry...and He has filled me with good things. I am so grateful to the Gift God gave us. Have a great Sunday.

Our Family Led by the Lord said...

Merry Christmas,
I love the picture of Mary with baby Jesus. Thanking the Lord for his mercy for our generations. Such a wonderul gift...The greatest gift ever.

Blessings
Virginia

Audrey said...

A powerful Scripture that reminds us of the need to submit our lives to the One and Only True and Living God. Thanks for sharing!

Renee said...

I have been thinking alot about Mary this week...this scripture really is so beautiful and powerful and tells us more about who Mary was and her deep love for God. Thank you for sharing this with us today....Have a blessed Christmas.

Charlotte said...

That is such a beautiful scripture. I'm glad you shared it with us today.
Have a very Merry Christmas.
Charlotte

myletterstoemily said...

that is one of the most beautiful portions
of scripture in the Bible. thank you for
sharing.

i pray that i am never to rich or 'fat' that
He sends me away empty.

merry Christmas,
lea

Michelle said...

Lisa.....I've missed you! What a beautiful post...and that picture. It's so moving. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season filled with love, kindness and happiness!

xoxo

Michelle and the kitties :)

Jennie said...

Dear Lisa,
What a beautiful post. Thank you for your kind words and visiting my post. I wish you much laughter and joy this Christmas.

Best wishes and high hopes,
Jennie and the Pretty Pekes

red.neck chic said...

My favorite Christmas Song is "Mary's Song, Breath of Heaven"...

Gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

;-D robelyn

Blogging tips