Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Scrumptiously Shabby Kitchen

I knew you Kindred Spirits would want to see this kitchen. It was actually featured on an early episode on HGTV's Bang For Your Buck. It didn't win and the designers thought it was too design specific, with its heavily distressed cabinets and beadboard backsplash. I loved it and happen to know it was a house located here in Collin county. It was a typical '50's ranch that was completely renovated with beautiful results. Not long after the show it went on the market and sold quickly. Look at this kitchen and you'll see why.

BEFORE
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AFTER
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

An interesting side note, this builder lives and builds in my community and before retiring, his sweetheart of a wife taught all 4 of my children in elementary school.

www.customcottagehomes.com








6 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Oh how stunning is this Lisa. How neat you live nearby. The island and chandy are gorgeous.

Happy weekend sweet friend!
~Melissa :)

Ruth said...

so beautiful! thank you for sharing these pictures Lisa...

Blessings,
Ruth

Karen said...

Sigh. I can only dream . . .
Thanks for sharing!
Happy Halloween!
Hugs! Karen

Deserae said...

This is one of my all time favorite kitchens! I remember seeing it on Bang For Your Buck and wishing they would show more of the home. It is such a stunning kitchen! Thanks for sharing it :o)
~Des

Liz said...

Wow! What a makeover! I love it.

~Liz

Miss Janice said...

Yes ma'am that kitchen is gorgeous! So many lovely details:). I hope you are having a wonderful Autumn!

Blogging tips