Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mary Kay Ash

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

While growing up in Hot Wells, Texas, Mary Kay was often assured by her mother,"You can do it!" As a result, young Mary Kay developed a "can-do" attitude.
Her mother also taught the Golden Rule,"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Later, Mary Kay said of the business enterprise she began, "Every decision we make...is based on the Golden Rule."
In 1963 Mary Kay took her life savings of five thousand dollars and, with help from her son, established a cosmetic company. Her motivation for beginning the business was to offer women opportunities to improve their lives and those of their families. Her goal was achieved when Fortune magazine named her business one of the ten best companies for women.
But Mary Kay's goal weren't achieved without setbacks and disappointments. She said," It took God a long time to prepare me for the job He had for me...by no stretch of the imagination has my life been an overnight success story."
Because of her Bible based philosophy- God first, family second, and career third- Mary Kay's life brought her true fulfillment, and her business ventures helped others achieve success.
Assess your life goals. God never intended your life to revolve around only yourself. When God and others become the driving force, you will enjoy the abundant life.
From Jewell Johnson's Daily Devotion for Women

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10 NIV

Thank you Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays.






10 comments:

Rose Haven said...

Mary Kay ran her company the way she believed best and achieved success...and helped alot of others achieve success too. She was a wonderful lady! I had the fortune to meet her - back in 1983 and she talked to me like her very best friend - and supported me in all the goals I set for myself. I pursued my career in Mary Kay Cosmetics for a total of 13 years, making the WISCONSIN top wholesale order queen for one month. While I never achieved all the goals I thought I would in Mary Kay...I found God leading me in other directions and I followed. Everything turned out exactly how it was supposed to be.

~Blessings,
Jan

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I didn't know the back ground of Mary Kay. It is so nice knowing when successful people like her put the Lord first. I sell candles from a company called Gold Canyon, and it is far from easy, so I can just imagine how much the Lord was in her life.
God Bless,
Ginger

Ruth said...

i'v heard of the name Mary Kay... and for the first time hearing her background. thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Ruth

sarah said...

I've heard of Mary Kay but didn't know her whole story. I would love to read more of the ups and downs and how she kept moving forward. thanks again Lisa...you totally inspire with sharing these awesome woman. ☺

Vintagesouthernlife said...

i am familiar with and have used Mary Kay products but never knew her story.
Thanks for sharing, Annette

Saleslady371 said...

Great story of Mary Kay. Gutsy gal, I think. I wish I could wear her products, but my skin is sensitive.

Charlotte said...

What an inspiration Mary Kay is. I used her makeup for a short time I think it was in the 1970s. I know it was a long long time ago. I really liked it. God certainly blessed her business because she put Him first in her life. Thank you for sharing this with us. You are an inspiration to many people too. You are an inspiration to me.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Donnie said...

Such a lovely post. We all benefit so much from Spiritual Sunday's. Have a blessed week.

Michele Williams said...

I have always enjoyed her testimony. As well as her make-up too!

Karen said...

What a great tribute to Mary Kay Ash and her business. I used her products for many years.
Thank you for posting on my blog. I've neglected it terribly lately since I have been in and out of town. But thank you for your sweet comments.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Blogging tips