Monday, August 23, 2010

Oh The Places I've Been

"What's that sound?" you ask. Why it's the collective sigh of mothers in these parts as their children head back to school. My voice being the loudest.
I have shopped at various malls and outlet centers in the great state of Texas, been to every thrift store from here to Austin and have staked a homestead claim at Container Store and Ikea.
I have held fashion consults with the one more time grad student to help take her from bohemian chic to business glam, helped the high school thespian define her new, vintage retro modern-day Dior won't they be jealous, look and furnished 1 new apartment and 1 new dorm room, mostly from the stuff in my garage. Oh yes. To keep life interesting,while the Hubster was driving to Baton Rouge to return the LSU sophomore and his car back to LSU, my computer gave up the ghost.
So Dear Ones,I'll be back, just as soon as I catch my breath, greet my husband and learn to use this new computer.:)





8 comments:

Liz said...

UGH! Sounds like my summer vacation!:)

Your getting a new compooper?!
Fun!

~Liz

red.neck chic said...

Good grief - you've been BUSY!!! WAY busier than I have been!!! Did you take lots and lots of pics I hope?

I'll be waiting while you're vacationing from your vacation... hee-hee
;-D robelyn

Barbara said...

You have been soooo busy! I've got to say that I don't envy your job at all. Maybe you'll be able to breathe now. lol

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

Susan S. said...

Wow...you've been busy! But it sounds like you are good at wearing many hats and keeping many people happy!

Tee said...

Wow, you make me look like a total wimp - I only had one apartment to furnish and I thought I was doin somethin'! The part about the thrift stores made me laugh - T came home this weekend (with a boatload of laundry) and one of the first things he told us was that the guys downstairs got a WHOLE SECTIONAL SOFA AT GOODWILL FOR $45! I don't even want to KNOW where that thing's been. Congrats on your new complooter!

Laura said...

Hi Lisa-
This post sounds like great family living to me- plus exhaustion, fun, and the need for a muscle relaxer due to heavy lifting.

Enjoy!

Laura

Stephanie O. said...

It's a busy time of the year isn't it? Take a deep breath and hang in there, girlie!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Missed you but sounds like you did good. Hope everybody has a marvelous school year.

Blogging tips