Saturday, August 28, 2010

Love Makes Miracles Happen

Today we are celebrating miracles. Spiritual Sundays is joining Kelee at Katillac Shack in celebrating a miracle.Please visit Kelee at to read all about it.
Did you know that you could be someone's answer to a miracle? Yes you! You could be the channel that God uses to bless, encourage or provide for another . Gospel singer Vestal Goodman knew that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wearing a floor length gown and waving a white handkerchief, Vestal Goodman was known as the "Queen of Gospel Music." Vestal, her husband Howard, and his brothers Sam and Rusty-known as "The Happy Goodman"-won numerous Grammy and Dove awards and were inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 1998.
In spite of awards and honors, Vestal's success in gospel music was secondary to the genuine love she showed to others. When Vestal met President Jimmy Carter during a performance at the White House, she hugged him and, while secret service men looked on, she prayed for the president. When a missionary couple needed $3000 for their support, God spoke to Vestal, and she secretly gave a diamond watch to the cause. When the pastor announced the anonymous gift, the spirit of generosity touched the congregation, and the remainder of the money was easily raised.
In the 1980's, country singer Larry Gatlin was told he had dangerous nodules appearing on his vocal cords. Vestal visited him and said,"Don't worry about your throat; you're coming out of here fine." Soon Larry was singing again.
Ask Jesus to flood your heart with His love. As you visit those who need a supernatural touch, pray with them, and give to make up their lack; what a difference it makes!

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and with truth.
1 John 3:18 NIV

Adapted from Daily Devotions for Women by Jewell Johnson.

Don't forget to visit Spiritual Sundays for more inspirational posts. Much thanks to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays and for joining in this wonderful blog event!







17 comments:

Annesphamily said...

What a beautiful testimony you share here today. When we love God he shares his goodness with us. This was a wonderful miracle story. Thanks for sharing with us today. Anne

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Lisa!

Thank-you for your kind comments! This post is the best of you! Thank-you for being on the Miracle Party team. I so appreciate all you have done!

love you!

kelee

Whidbey Woman said...

God is so good! I love hearing stories like this!!! Thanks for joining the Miracle Party. I know you'll be blessed reading all the posts... I sure am! Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Virginia said...

Wonderful miracle story....
We have a Awesome God!
Joy & Blessings,
Virginia

Saleslady371 said...

What a lady!

Rebecca said...

I've loved Miss Vestal for so long...as far back as my mind can go. Her music will live on forever.

You blog post touched me today my friend. God used it to minister today to my own complicated self...

Bless you~

Love to you~

Rebecca

Liz said...

I have never heard of this nice lady. How can that be? Thank you for sharing her story. :)
Hope you are having a great weekend!

~Liz

sarah said...

I liked reading this Lisa...it reminds me He really does make the difference no matter what the problem. Have a great weekend.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

How wonderful! She is a remarkable woman!

Thanks Lisa!
Cathy

myletterstoemily said...

i used to watch her on tv all the time!
thanks for the memories!

love,
lea

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

What a sweet story. It was especially meaningful to me as I just read the story about her and Larry Gatlin and shared the video from the Bill Gaither homecoming tours, showing the prayer AND the praise for healing years later. So great to hear "The rest of the story." The Word of God is powerful and awesome - read, spoken, and in wonderful praise and worship music as she has shared. Thank you! :) Have a blessed week.

Cathy said...

That is a beautiful picture of her. I have enjoyed visiting the sites and praying for those with cancer today. Thank you.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a lovely story to share. I have never heard of her so I'll have to go see what I can find.

Blessings!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Lisa Sweetie...
What a beautiful Spiritual Sunday share this morning. I have been visiting the blogs listed as part of Miracle Weekend makeover.

Your post is so beautiful and it has definitely spoke to me. In April I got sick, and ended up in the hospital for 10 days. I had pneumonia and asthma excaberation. I ended up at home recooperating for almost 4 months, and the end result from all the coughing that I did, has left me with little to no voice at all. I have spent several months asking why?

Just reading about Ms Goodman has given me HOPE. I think I had lost it there for awhile. I will continue to pray for answers and for wisdom to use what I do have for the good.

Please stop by Country Wings In Phoenix, my blog. Guideposts magazine is donating a dollar towards our next miracle makeover for each comment left and I want to make enough for several more makeovers. I know they are out there just waiting to be found.

Country hugs sweet friend, Sherry

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a touch post. I love that verse in 1 John. Thank-you much for sharing this story with us.
God Bless,
Ginger

Charlotte said...

Thank you, Lisa, for sharing this inspiring story. It is amazing how God answers prayers.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Joyce A Gray said...

Did you ever get to hear the Goodman's sing live? I did once and I will never forget it. What a blessing, your brownies look wonderful, I am going to save the recipe for when I finish this Weight Watchers thing I got going.

Blogging tips