Monday, August 30, 2010

Black Cherry Brownies

This is a fun dessert that is pretty enough for company but easy enough for every day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



The Recipe:
1- pack Duncan Hines Family-Style Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
2 cups frozen dark sweet pitted cherries (Frozen cherries provide the best texture and taste in this recipe)
1-16oz container Duncan Hines Fluffy Whipped White Frosting
1/3 cup black cherry preserves

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for cake like brownies. Pour into a lightly greased 13x9 in pan. Sprinkle batter with frozen cherries.
Bake at 350 for 27-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inseted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 45 minutes). Spread frosting over cooled brownies. Stir preserves in a small bowl to smooth the consistency. Spoon preserves over frosting; gently swirl with a wooden skewer or knife. Cut into squares.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I linking up with Cole at All the Small Stuff for Tuesdays at the Table.








6 comments:

red.neck chic said...

I can DO THIS!!! No seriously - I think I can without fire dept. aid - they sell brownies in the bakery department at the grocery store! I'm going to try it... I'll get back to you on this...

;-D Looks DELICIOUS!!! robelyn

Melinda said...

Cherries and chocolate are such a to-die for combination! Yum!

BigD said...

I agree with Melinda. I think God made cherries to go with chocolate!
I JUST pulled a batch of brownies out of the oven... I have the cherries in the freezer... I bet my family won't leave any until I can get to the grocery tomorrow to get the preserves.
Oh well, guess I'll have to make more!
Visiting via the Tuesday blog hop.

red.neck chic said...

So... I attempted these last night... I'll be in your kitchen in a while. LOLOL Go see...

;-D robelyn

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Oh yum!! Love cherries and chocolate combo.

Liz said...

Are you kidding me? I had to look away because I thought I was going to lick the screen! :P

~Liz

Blogging tips