Saturday, July 24, 2010

Art With a Message

I thought I would do a different kind of post this Sunday and share with you the beautiful work of a remarkable Christian artist whose walk of faith leads him to paint his vision of God's message of hope. Meet David Arms and his work of hope.

Grace
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trust
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Restores
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heal
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Forgiveness
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The Symbolism in David Arms' Paintings (In His Own Words)
Birds- " I see birds as us. We live our lives busy doing many of the same things-we build our homes, we have our young, we do everything to protect this home and the family in it."
Fruit-"These represent the fruit of the Spirit, the very life of God within us.
Vessels- "Both empty and full, vessels also represent us. We come empty and fragile needing to be filled. It is when we are filled with the fruit of the Spirit that we are able to fulfill our purpose."

It is hard to believe that David did not study art. In fact he was a business major and went on to become an award winning national event designer. At the age of 40, after he and his wife bought a new home with big empty walls, David discovered his artful side. A guest in their home , seeing his painting asked if she could sell his work. The rest ,as they say, is history. To see more of David's amazing artwork please visit his website
www.DavidArms.com

Having gifts (faculties, talents, qualities) that differ according to the grace given us, let us use them.
Romans 12:6 AMP

Big thanks to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays.
singing birds




19 comments:

Michelle said...

I have never heard of him but oh how absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing, Lisa! I will have to look him up. :) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

sarah said...

wow...I too have never heard of him but these are beautiful and I love the way he found his 'calling.' There's a gentleness to his art.

Stacey said...

Lisa I like that alot! I'll go look at his website. Thanks!

myletterstoemily said...

i adore his artwork! i love the touch
of whimsey and sweetness.

thank you for sharing.

happy sunday!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh my goodness Lisa! I love these! They are so beautiful and I adore the message...of course;)!

Thanks for sharing...I am off to check him out!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Daughter of the KING said...

Beautiful Lisa! I am going to look for more of his work. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Linda J

Joan said...

Lisa these are beautiful! Thank you for sharing this today.

Blessings,
Joan

Clif said...

WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Very beautiful - I love the details of the paintings and the inspirational thoughts! Thank you so much for sharing these for Spiritual Sunday :)

Harriet said...

Love the art and I love birds . David is a very talented artist and
using the gift God gave him. Thanks for sharing . Thank you for your blog I love the inspiration.

Virginia said...

I have never heard of him..... absolutely beautiful!!!
Thank you for sharing.
Sweet Blessings,
Virginia

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I'm so excited that you posted this today. I LOVE his work, and I love have Christian paintings in our home. I'm going to visit his web page next.
Blessings,
Ginger

Charlotte said...

This is amazing. Thank you for introducing this talented man to us. I love his work.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Whidbey Woman said...

This is so awesome! I have never seen his work before. I love his analogies... beautiful. Simply beautiful!

Liz said...

His work is beautiful! I have never heard of him before. I will investigate further. :) Thanks for the intro! :)

~Liz

RicoLisi0802志竹 said...

老天爺賦予了強者的能力,就是要他比弱者多擔待..................................................

red.neck chic said...

Lisa - he's just amazing! I love the "vessels" and the meaning behind them - truly awesome!!!

Thank You!!!
;-D robelyn

trish said...

Oh my goodness. Such beauty. I have not heard of this artist and look forward to seeing more of his work. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

cindy said...

I had seen David's work before, but how wonderful to see it again. He is amazing and I love his interpretations and symbolism. Just beautiful!

-c

Blogging tips