Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Sundays

This week I'm joining The Tablescaper for Summer Sundays!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wanted to share a recipe that combines two treats that always remind me of Summer. Grilled peaches served with vanilla ice cream. I made it last night and it was such a hit I thought you might enjoy it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The recipe (I got it from More Magazine):
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 firm but ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted
Vanilla frozen yogurt (I used low carb ice cream)

1. Tear a 24 in long piece of aluminum foil and fold in half to double. Fold up 1/2 inch on each side, and pinch corners to get a raised edge. Place on grill set to med-low.
2. Melt butter. Add vanilla seeds and brown sugar, and stir to combine. Spread mixture onto cut side of peaches. Place peaches cut side down on foil.
3. Cook on first side 5 to 10 minutes, depending on ripeness of peaches. Cook on other side 2-3 minutes more. Pull skins off if desired- they should slip right off.
4. Serve each half with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
Taste and see that the Lord is good.Psalm 34:8





12 comments:

Sarah said...

Lisa, I've never had grilled peaches, but will try this as soon as the peaches come in. I'm ready for peach season.

Sewn With Grace said...

Looks delicious! A wonderful dessert on a hot summer day. Have a blessed Sunday!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

YUMMY! I am always looking for new recipes for our Fredericksburg peaches!

Happy Sunday!
Cathy

nannykim said...

They had a recipe similar to this one in one of my mags. too! I can't have icecream...but I can have the peaches!

The Tablescaper said...

You bring back such wonderful memories. I made grilled peaches last summer with a balsalmic dressing (really) and it was wonderful. Love the dish you have your peaches in!

Thank you for joining in "Summer Sundays"!

- The Tablescaper

Shelia said...

Hi Lisa! I've never had grilled peaches but they sound so good and look so good and everything tastes great with ice cream.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Nancy's Notes said...

Hi Lisa, I am so happy I found your blog! Great recipe, it's one I am going to try real soon, yummy!

Nancy

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This recipe just screams summer. Our peach trees will be ready to pick within the next couple of weeks. I am bookmarking this recipe. Yummy!!!!!!
Yvonne

謝佳瑩 said...

希望我的支持可以帶給你快樂--加油.................................................................

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

That sounds scrumptious! We'll have to try it.

red.neck chic said...

Oh my gosh Lisa...
I'm going to pick some peaches and visit my mother (she's allowed to use her stove/grill...fire in general) - and she'll be 100% for it if I have ice cream in tow!!!

Thank You!!! I think I hear the dinner bell....

:-D robelyn

Stacey said...

Sounds wonderful! Now can I reveal my inexperience with vanilla beans...when you say scrape the seeds do you mean scrape them out and use them? I love ice cream with vanilla beans but haven't ever used them myself.

Blogging tips