Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cajun Jambalaya

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Today I'm linking up with Cole at All the Small Stuff
for Tuesdays at the Table.

I got this recipe from Clean Eating Magazine.. It's a great magazine with lots of healthy recipes. The website has menu plans and shopping lists, too. This is a healthy low fat version of the Cajun favorite. It was quite tasty and my family gave it 2 thumbs up!
The Recipe:
1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
1 turkey sausage sliced
1/2 med onion, diced
1 med green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 rib of celery, diced
2 med tomatoes, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 cup instant brown rice
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. In a lg mixing bowl toss together all ingredients, except cooking spray, mixing well.
3. Prepare a couple of foil pouches. Spray with cooking spray. Another option is a roasting bag. No spray needed, there.
4. Place pouches on cookie sheet in center of oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Carefully open pouch and serve on platter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




9 comments:

Barbara said...

Ohh your recipe sounds yummy and very easy to do. (My favorite kind) Gotta give this one a try.
Thanks

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

Karen said...

Lisa!
uhhhhhhhhhh . . . YUM!
I wonder if you could just throw it on the grill instead of heating the oven . . . I'll have to give it a try. My oven is off for summer - and I hope I don't have to turn it on until...Fall.
Isn't it funny how we cary thru the ways of our Moms? I mean, does the oven really heat the house any more - no. But I just have this set in my blood - summer? NO OVEN COOKING!
Saves me a lot of hassles too! If we can't cook it on the stove top or the grill, well I guess we won't be eating it! LOL!
HAGD! Hugs! karen

red.neck chic said...

I will let you know how this goes as a breakfast recipe. hee-hee

Dang - now my belly's growling!!!! And, so you know...
I did a drive-by on a house that you showed a couple of months ago - stole my heart on the monitor. I'm fairly certain they are still cleanin' up the drool I left on their street! LOLOL

;-D robelyn

nannykimsrecipes said...

Sounds good. I live in an area that does shrimping but the local stores sell shrimp from Vietnam, China, etc!! We have to buy it in season and freeze it if we want it from the USA ....pooooweee

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Lisa, This recipe looks like paella, but the easy and delicious version! My family will love this. I am going to make this and feature it on my menu plan next monday on my blog!
Thank you for this great recipe builder!
I just adore the name of your blog!
Yvonne

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I am going to make this tomorrow! I have been looking for a new shrimp recipe! Thanks sweet girl!

Enjoy!
Cathy

myletterstoemily said...

hi lisa,

i noticed that you have a tiny pics
'patch'. how do you add their
images to your blog?

sorry to be trouble.

thanks,
lea

myletterstoemily said...

hi lisa,

i noticed that you have a tiny pics
'patch'. how do you add their
images to your blog?

sorry to be trouble.

thanks,
lea

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Lisa...I thought I heard someone say Cajun! And I thought I smelled something good!!!!
Yummy girl, I'm sure that's as good as we do it down here!
:)

Blogging tips