Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Almond Joy Cake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is a decadent chocolate cake, perfect for a church or neighborhood potluck.

The Recipe:
1 box fudge cake mix
1 can evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups sugar
25 lg marshmallows
1-14oz pkg flaked coconut
1/2 cup butter
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 oz sliced almonds

Bake cake mix as directed in a 9x13 in pan.(You may also use a jelly roll pan if desired.)Cool. In saucepan boil 1/2 can evaporated milk and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Add coconut. Place on cooled cake. In saucepan bring to boil 1 cup sugar, 1/2 can evaporated milk and 1/2 cup butter. Add chocolate chips. Stir until melted.Add almonds and pour over coconut mixture on cake.(I put the almonds on top)

I'm linking up with Tuesdays at the Table!



14 comments:

Liz said...

Yum! I'll have to give this a try! :)

~Liz

Stacey said...

My sister in law and I were just talking this weekend about how wonderful Almond Joys are. Now you give us this recipe!! Imagine the calories...I know it has to be wonderful. Thanks. :)

myletterstoemily said...

good grief! that is going to be on my
table tonight. i have four of my great
big kids home, and they will love this!

red.neck chic said...

Lisa... did you hear my stomach growl? I'm fairly certain that you could have...

good GRIEF that looks good!!! I'm sending it to my Mom... see if I can "sweat" talk her into making a cake...
hee-hee

:-) Happy Tuesday!!!
robelyn

Cathy said...

I have been teasing my yougest that I am going to fatten him up over the summer...he is way too skinny...this is a great step in the right direction! I am off to buy the ingredients!

YUMMY!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful long weekend!
Cathy

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Lisa! I'm gaining weight with each ingredient I read :))))
This looks soooo yummy.
I wish I spent more time in the kitchen...better yet...I wish someone would just make it for me haha
(licking my lips)
;)

Angie said...

Oh my! That does look like joy!

Tracy said...

Ummm that looks so good Lisa. I think I need to try this one.
Thanks for sharing it.
Tracy

Laura said...

NO NO NO...
I can't. I shouldn't.
Oh well.
That looks amazing!
Laura

cindy said...

ohmygosh....as one who LOVEs Almond Joys (cause sometimes i do feel like a nut), this is one that I will have to try. to heck with the calories.

Just catching up on all your posts, glad you are back from NO, looks like it was great. Even with the pepto! :D

-c
yapping

Barb said...

one word-YUM!

志其 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
myletterstoemily said...

hi lisa,

we are having a last minute photo
shoot at my house with LOTS of
kids, so i made your almond joy
cake.

what a hit!!!!

thank you.

kanishk said...

good GRIEF that looks good!!!
PPC Advertising India

Blogging tips