Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm Back!

All I can say is WOW!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I must tell you that Tulane University puts on quite the commencement ceremony.Of course, you all know this cutie gave the commencement address.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I tried to get closer, honest I did, but apparently there are laws against stalking. LOL!

Dr. Michael White's Original Liberty Jazz Band entertained us and then accompanied Wanda Rouzan as she sang the touching
Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Honorary degrees were awarded to Tulane alumna Dr. Regina Benjamin, Surgeon General, Geoffrey Canada,President and CEO of Harlem's Children Zone (you've seen his American Express commercial) and John Ruffin, director of the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparity.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And as if Anderson and the Surgeon General weren't enough, video highlights from the NOLA Saints' season were shown amidst rousing chants of "Who Dat"! Then Tulane President Cowen presented the Tulane President's Medal to Saints co-owner Rita Benson LeBlanc, defensive co-ordinator Gregg Williams and linebacker Jonathan Vilma.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was so caught up in the pagentry of it all I did not look at my watch once! Having four children, 3 college students, I have been to my share of graduations. I'm ALWAYS lookin' at the watch.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
These young men and women are talented, committed and now educated. They will change their world and ours. I wish them all every success and happiness.
Now, I have to confess that I po' boy-ed, muffaletta'd and beignet-ed my way across NOLA. As soon as I finish this bottle of Pepto I'm pullin' out that South Beach Diet cookbook.



14 comments:

red.neck chic said...

I don't even know where to begin!!! Lisa - it all looks so fun - and Congratulations to your daughter!!! I don't understand why stalking Anderson Cooper is considered a crime... I just don't get that. HA!!!

SO fun!!! Enjoy the Pepto! LOL

;-D robelyn

Cathy said...

Oh Lisa...how wonderful! Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time!

It is so hard to abstain from the yummy cooking in NOLA...I don't blame you one bit;)!

Love all of the pics...thanks for sharing!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Stacey said...

I'm glad you had a great time! We've not had a college graduation for one of our kids yet. I bet it's a great feeling!

myletterstoemily said...

when in new orleans you have to eat and
enjoy the festive atmosphere. sound like
you did it all!


congratulations to your graduate!!!

Liz said...

HA HA! It looks and sounds like you had a great time! :) Congratulations on a graduated student! :) I know that is quite an accomplishment!

~Liz

P.S. I still need to see "Akeela and the Bee". I have heard so many good things about it... If you liked it, then I'm sure I'ld like it! :)

Tracy said...

Lisa, welcome back! Looks like you had a great time! I know you have got to be soooo proud! BTW where is the pic I requested? (you with Anderson) ;)
Tracy

Laura said...

Congratulations!
How exciting- and in New Orleans, my favorite.
OK-
now to the food. I can't resist anything right now. Yesterday was my birthday and I have been eating ever since.
Yikes.

Laura

sarah said...

this is awesome Lisa...I love what you said...these young men and women will change the world....woo hoo...that is the best....

Beverly said...

You must be so proud. Great Grad pictures. Congratulations to your daughter. Sounds like yummy food, but no wonder you need the pepto.
I came here from Poofing the Pillows and am interested in joining your book club, but can't seem to get the button to work. Help....

Tee said...

Welcome back sista! If you hadn't eaten your way across the Big Easy, we'd think there was something wrong with you.

Melissa Miller said...

Congrats Lisa! How wonderful! Loved the wonderful photos. :)

Lamp Tramp said...

Congrats to your daughter in obtaining her Masters! Looks and sounds like you had a ball in NOLA. One can't help but enjoy this city's food and revelry, all part of the NOLA charm!

Miss Janice said...

Daughter graduates from Tulane, in New Orleans, cutie pie commencement speaker...awesome time!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awesome Lisa and Congratulations for your daughter's accomplishment!!! yay!!!!
To be honest, I really didn't think you'd ever leave New Orleans once you got there...didn't you want to just stay there forever??? ;)
So how did things go with you and "Andy"...you two ARE on a first (nick)name basis right??? Just kidding!!! hahaha
Congrats again..you should be so proud :)

Blogging tips