Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Happy House

For you Kindred Spirits who don't live in the DFDub, I thought you'd enjoy seeing this home that was featured in a recent issue of D Home magazine.

Jane McGarry is the anchorwoman for our local NBC affiliate.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Her Ft. Worth residence is ablaze with color and as Jane says,"Color makes me happy!"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I love her kitchen!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When interior designer Ken Blasingame (who has worked with former First Lady Laura Bush) met Jane, she was driving a hot pink Porsche with a lime green laundry basket in the back seat."Peace troubles her soul," quips Ken.
I don't know. This living room looks pretty peaceful to me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This woman knows herself. She knows her likes and dislikes and she is not afraid to express herself through her beautiful home's interiors
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and exteriors.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To read the entire article and see more pics of Jane's beautiful home go here




8 comments:

Cathy said...

I saw this Lisa...and fell in love! I love Jane and I adore her home! Give me color any day;)!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Tee said...

Good grief, that is unbelievably gorgeous. Love those painted doors and the tile in the kitchen.

red.neck chic said...

Oh my gosh... do you think she would notice me lurking in her home? Heck, I'd learn to cook with that kitchen!!!

I'm going back to drool...

:-)
robelyn

myletterstoemily said...

oh thanks, for sharing that exquisite
home. what a creative, bold approach
to color.

i am far to boring to do that but can
certainly appreciate it!

Stacey said...

Another extraordinary home. How do you find all of these?

Noni at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

WOW!! That place is simply stunning! It makes me happy to see it, too!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Oh Lisa, this house is wonderful! I so wish I were this brave with color. Thanks for sharing it. laurie

Tracy said...

That's a cool house! Very Texas :)
Happy Mother's Day to you too Lisa!
Tracy

Blogging tips