Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Parade of Bedrooms

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I am joining Debbie for her Bedroom Party! Come on in!

This is the small sitting area of my bedroom. There is a matching wingback chair nearer my side of the bed with a small stacked table inbetween. These chairs were delivered to our 1st home the very same day our oldest daughter was born...26 years ago! That is the original flamestitch fabric.(I don't know what those wires belong to...maybe my Kindle.:))
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is our bed. It's a traditional 4 poster rice bed.The iron piece is a separate piece on the wall. I had a couple of pictures above it and didn't like them. I think I might put some plates above the bed now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This armoire sits across from the bed. It houses our television.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My sweet friend Linda gave me this beautiful tassel.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A lady makes them out of vintage salt or pepper shakers. Isn't it pretty?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The reproduction Singer that I use as a night stand.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These are my draperies. Sorry the color is a little off.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You can see the fabric much better on this pillow sham.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I could only find 12 yards of this fabric so the backs of the euro-shams are a stipe and the ruffle a small check.I really fell in love with the cabbage roses and hydrangeas and was quite determined to make it work.It is very pretty with the peachy wall color and the taupe trim.
Thanks so much for stopping by and Thank you Debbie
for hosting this fun party!





24 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh Lisa...how beautiful! I love the fabric on your shams and window treatments and your armoire is to die for!

The store I featured on my post the other day has a few tassels made from vintage porcelain pieces...almost as pretty as yours;)!

Love your bedroom!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Stacey said...

Lisa, your furniture and those fabrics are beautiful! We have very similar taste. :) I love your armoire too.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your bedroom is so PRETTY...love your armoire...what a beautiful piece. Hope you havea great day:)

Blessings,
Linda

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful!!
Hugs~Kelly

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your bed, Lisa! Very pretty! I also love your armoire ~ what a great piece and the detail is wonderful.

bj said...

Ummm..that armoire is so so pretty.
Love your fabrics...the whole room is such a delight.

southerninspiration said...

So pretty, Lisa! I love that armoire!

Suzanne

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

Darling room!
Do you rent it out to strangers?
(I'm not always strange, though).
It has the feel pf a Bed and Breakfast!
Truly lovely, especially the sewing machine case turned nightstand.
Thank you for sharing the pics!
Blessings to you as you make your home!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love your room. The fabric on the drapes & shams is yummy. And that armoire is gorgeous!!!

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Very pretty bedroom! Very welcoming and inviting!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Lisa, this is such a restful and beautiful bedroom. I also love that fabric you used. The iron piece above the bed was a great idea, and how nice to have a comfortable chair in your room. It reminds me of a wonderful Bed & Breakfast. laurie

Emily said...

I love love love your bed. The pillows and bedskirt are TDF. Beautiful job!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your bedroom looks so peaceful. I'd die for a nice sitting area in my room like yours!

Sewn With Grace said...

Your room is gorgeous!!! Feels like a bed and breakfast. I just love all the details. How wonderful!

Melissa Miller said...

Lisa your bedroom is really elegant and charming. I really adore the soft colors and all he details throughout. *Smiles*

友辰 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

Hi Lisa, I love your fabrics and that armoire is to die for. Love the colors too. I bet the whole room is just charming! :)

~Liz

Laura said...

Lisa-
It's just lovely. It looks like a real haven.
Now tell me-
Do you like using a Kindle?
laura

red.neck chic said...

I LOVE it!!! And - I think I need that tassel - I'm fairly certain it matches my dishes. LOLOL

Lisa - now I have YET another reason that I adore you! I thought I was the only one that took toooo little fabric and did a room. LOLOL

Now. You can't see my bedroom. I refuse to admit to the last time I made my bed. That's all I'm saying. haha!

I'm with Laura - do you like using a Kindle? I've been looking at one and I'm still 50/50 on whether or not it needs to come home with me!!!

;-) Thank You for the tour! Your wing-backs are FANTASTIC!!!

;-) robelyn

Denise Marie said...

love your pretty blogspot!! great comfy room and masterbed.

Kelee said...

Good heavens! This is beautiful Lisa! That armoire is to die for! And the fabrics are luscious!

Nancy said...

Lisa, I just adore this room! It's so cozy looking! Love a little floral in the bedrooms...shoot...I love floral everywhere! Nancy

Miss Janice said...

Wow! I love the armoire...it's gorgeous. The bed is beautiful also and love that iron piece on the wall above the bed. Your fabric choice for the valances and the shams is wonderful and love how you've made up the bed {the layers}.

cindy said...

Its just gorgeous! Looks like a wonderful place to sleep and to dream! :)

hugs,
c
yapping cat

Blogging tips