Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Creamed Spinach

Tuesdays at the Table
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I saw Sunny Anderson make this on her Food Network show, so of course I had to make it,too.:) It is spinach heaven!!! And it would be a great side dish for your Easter ham.
The Recipe:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 red onion, chopped
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minces
2 teas red pepper flakes
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teas ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sour cream
2- 10 oz packs frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup packaged French's fried onions

Preheat oven to 375. Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish. Melt butter in a lg skillet over med-hi heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Saute for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 2 more minutes. Add the heavy cream, Parmesan and nutmeg. Heat until the cream is just beginning to bubble, stirring often. Turn the burner off and stir in sour cream and spinach. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with fried onions. Bake until golden and bubbly, 15-20 minutes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks to Cole for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.



10 comments:

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Yum! I might have to make this for dinner tonight - thanks!
Cheers, Andrea

Stephanie said...

One of my husband's favorites - thanks for the recipe!

Sewn With Grace said...

This looks wonderful, can't wait to try it. Thank you!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I just love spinach. I know, I'm definitely in the minority on that one. This dish sounds so good - cream? parmesan cheese? fried onions? YUM!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How did I get this old and a grandma of four and never have I eaten creamed spinach? Might just have to change that!

Melissa Miller said...

Lis we eat so much spinach now and just love it. I'm going to try this since I love the varation. Yummy! Thanks for posting this one.

Have a blessed week. ~Melissa :)

Liz said...

Yummy! This looks de-lish! :)

~Liz

MrsJenB said...

*Falls over and dies*

Thanks for posting, even though I just died of food bliss! :-)

Georgia said...

Oh, YUM, Lisa! This sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try out this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!! Okay, now I'm hungry and it's not even lunch yet. LOL

I'm praying you're doing well. God bless!!

red.neck chic said...

I my goodness... this sounds so good!!! I think I just heard the echo of my growling belly...

;-) robelyn

Blogging tips