Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spiritual Sundays

singing birds

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:14 NIV

Commentary: Does God understand the urgency of our prayers? Yes, but for reasons unknown to us, there are delays. In Psalm 40, David rehearsed what he learned in his waiting times: He was lifted from despair, his feet were set upon a rock, and God gave him a song.
Be assured, God has heard your prayers. While you wait for God to act, use the time to learn about the character of your great God. His answer is worth waiting for.
Jewell Johnson

Happy Valentine's Day to Charlotte and Ginger who every week bring us all together for Spiritual Sundays.


16 comments:

sarah said...

waiting is not my best thing to do but I think I do it alot. Have a happy V. day. Sarah

RCUBEs said...

He always knows what's best though we're the one always antsy and wants immediate answers. May I learn to keep trusting for His perfect timing in everything. God bless and Happy "love" day.

Saleslady371 said...

I always feel like your posts are written just for me! Happy Valentine's Day, Lisa.

Gayle said...

Great reminders. Have love-filled weekend.

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Great post, Lisa! Thank you for sharing and Happy Valentines Day. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise said...

Wonderful post.

Debbie said...

It is hard to wait on anything for me. But waiting on the Lord, is ALWAYS for my best. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Sweet blessings, Debbie

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

Thanks for the encouragement and good advice. It is worth the wait!

Clif said...

Excellent as always. Thank you.

Cathy said...

Thank God He hears and answers our prayers.

char72 said...

Waiting is so hard for all of us but there are such blessings at the end of the waiting. Hope you are having a blessed Valentine's Day.
Charlotte

daylily777 said...

That is from my favorite psalm 27. Amen, We must live by faith & learn to wait on the Lord .
Happy valentine's Day !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Ginger said...

This scripture may be short but wow is it powerful.
God Bless,
Ginger

red.neck chic said...

I like that Lisa - life seems like such a rush sometimes and the toe tappin' happens... thank you for reminding me to slow it down and have some patience!!!

;-) Happy Monday!
robelyn

Ms.Daisy said...

Lisa,
I loved that you used David as a model of what we should do while waiting for God to answer our prayer. Thank you for sharing with us on Spiritual Sunday.

Blessings,
Jean

cindy said...

for sure, not my strong point, but sometimes a necessary thing. Thank you for this wonderful reminder!

-c
yapping cat

Blogging tips