Monday, February 1, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Tuesdays at the Table
Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got this recipe at SimplyRecipes.com. The Hubster is an oatmeal cookie connoisseur and he gave this a big chewy thumbs up! The Recipe:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar packed
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teas salt
1 teas baking soda
1/2 teas nutme
1 teas cinnamon
2 lg eggs, well beaten
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 cups rolled oats(do not use instanr)
1 1/2 cups raisins
1/2 cups walnuts(Optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 lg cookie sheets or line with parchment.
In a lg mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs. Add vanilla.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together in medium bowl. Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture. Stir in raisins(and nuts). Stir inoats.
Spoon out dough by lg tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown. 10-12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Carefully remove with spatula, to wire rack until completely cooled. Store tightly covered. Makes 2 dozen.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks to Cole for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.
Thanks to Jen for hosting Tasty Tuesday.



9 comments:

Karen said...

Ohhhhhh - I can smell them! Oatmeal Raisin are my FAVS!!!!!
(Really! I can smell them!!!! :)
YUM! :)

Lisa said...

Something about oatmeal raisin cookies always makes me think I can eat more than one. They must be good for you, right? Oatmeal? Raisins? These look yummy. I love Elise's site over at Simply Recipes. She always offers great stuff. Thanks for sharing this find.

Lisa

red.neck chic said...

I think you need to ship out samples of all of the tasty treats you taunt me with. LOLOLOL

Those make me think about cooking....

;-) Robelyn

Mama Holli said...

YUMMMM!! I just posted up my Granny's Oatmeal cookie recipe the other day! Nothing like a good cookie!!! Love your blog!! Coming back to visit for sure!

Chelsey said...

these look great. my hubby loves oatmeal rasin cookies too. i will have to try this - his birthday is next week too :)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope that you will visit often! And yes - I was starving after watching that movie - it was midnight and i was ready to whip up something spectacular in the kitchen!! ha!

Melissa Miller said...

Yummy looking cookies Lisa! Mmmm....:)

Cathy said...

Yum...yum...yummy! My hubby adores oatmeal cookies...maybe he will adore me even more if I make these for him;)! Thanks for the recipe!

I am so sorry to have been MIA lately. My family hijacked all the computers in the house for their onn purposes...how selfish;)! I am trying to catch up with everyone!

Enjoy!
XOXO
Cathy

Kelli said...

Mmmmm, my hubby would love these too! THey are his favorite cookies!
Thanks for stopping by the other day...and for your sweet comment on my "beauty" post!
Blessings friend,
Kelli @ SustainingCreativity

cindy said...

Not a big oatmeal fan...but these look really, really good! Will have to give em a whirl.

-c
yapping cat

Blogging tips