Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spiritual Sundays

singing birds

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
romans 8:1-2

Paul is saying that the victory belongs to those who are not striving in the range of their own efforts. We who have received new life in Jesus-He who trampled sin, death, the devil, and the curse- must be wholly dependent upon Him who is life, righteousness and holiness.
David Yonggi Cho


Thanks to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays.

18 comments:

sarah said...

I'm so glad He took it all...freed me...removed all condemnation....have a great weekend. Sarah

Whidbey Woman said...

Alleluia. We are free!!!!

Debbie said...

AMEN to this. Blessings, Debbie

Joan said...

Amen - no more condemnation!

And hello, "neighbor". I live about 90 miles east of you.

Blessings,
Joan

Charlotte said...

ANOTHER AMEN. Without Him we can do nothing. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Rebecca said...

"Jesus paid it all! All to Him I owe. Sin has left a crimson stain. He washed it white as snow.

Blessings to you this day my friend. May you feel the glory and love flow from the Cross.

Love, Rebecca

Dayle said...

I need this today. Thank you.

Denise said...

I am free, praise God.

Maisie in Maine said...

Amen from a sister in Christ - following after the Spirit.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I have to say Amen too! This is good.
Blessings to you my friend,
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for this, Lisa.

Tara said...

Hi Lisa.
Amen! Thanks for sharing that.
Love the little cottage tour in the previous post. It looks like a little doll house. Does anyone live there? It looks so perfect.
Hugs,
Tara

RCUBEs said...

Only walking by Spirit and Truth...Thanks be to Jesus for the freedom He readily gives to those who believes. Blessings.

Clif said...

"In Christ" is where we are blessed. It is one of my favorite thoughts from Scripture. The thought of being "in Christ."

Tee said...

I always read your Sunday posts, receive a blessing and quietly make my exit. But today, I have to say thanks for this one.

Hugs to you,
Tee

Cathy said...

A wonderful Word, thank you ~

Liz said...

Hi Lisa!
This is one of my favorite verses! It just means, to me, that we, as believers, always have fresh beginnings.

Thanks!Have a super wonderful week!
~Liz

Linda K. said...

So refreshing dear heart! Thanks for stopping by REB.

Linda

Blogging tips