Saturday, December 5, 2009

Spiritual Sundays

singing birds

Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them and ye shall have them.
Mark 11:24

Commentary:One qualification appears here upon the very surface, namely, that a realizing expectation should always go with a firm faith-"believe that ye receive them." Not merely believe that "ye shall" but believe that "ye do" receive them- count them as if they were received, reckon them as if you had them already, and act as if you had them-act as if you were sure you should have them-"believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

A world of thanks and appreciation belongs to Charlotte and Ginger, who week after week, bring us all together under the Spiritual Sundays banner.




12 comments:

Debbie said...

Amen to this...Have a great week. Blessings, Debbie

sarah said...

thank you for the reminder to see things as He says....we walk by faith not sight. Tons of blessings. Sarah

Saleslady371 said...

I'll tell you one thing I'm receiving is that beautiful comment of encouragement you left on my blog, Lisa! Praise God for your bold faith and obedience.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

One of my absolute favorite scriptures! And your commentary is just so right on!
Debra

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

Clif said...

This is good--very good!

Cathy said...

I love that verse and Spurgeon, thanks for posting this.

Ginger said...

Beautiful, thank-you for sharing this wonderful scripture with us.
God Bless,
Ginger

char72 said...

Great observation about a wonderful scripture. Thank you for sharing this insight.
Blessings,
Charlotte

micey said...

I love Charles Spurgeon! Thanks!

SmilingSally said...

Very good, Lisa.

Mary said...

Oh, we need to hear this often, Lisa. Our prayers are being lifted up to Almighty God, who has the power to change our lives, yet we offer Him a meager "maybe" kind of prayer...maybe He will, but I know He won't. I need to remember that nothing is impossible for Him to accomplish. There are two huge needs in my family that I honestly can't say I believe He will heal, but I am praying that He will increase my faith to believe!

God bless,
Mary

Blogging tips