Monday, December 7, 2009

Mom's Cinnamon Rolls

Tuesdays at the Table
Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This recipe is from Judie Byrd's Kitchen which airs on the Family Net Channel. I am determined to make this during the Holidays while all the kids are at home. Keep your fingers crossed. For me, yeast is in the same category as springform pans. :)

The Recipe:
1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix
5 cups of flour
2 packages dry yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup raisins
Sugar Glaze
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons butter melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk - enough to make frosting of a thin consistency

Makes 24 rolls
1. Butter two, 9x13 baking pans.
2. Combine cake mix, flour and yeast in a large bowl; stir until well blended.
3. Add warm water and stir to blend well; cover and let rise until double in bilk.
4. Punch down dough and cut in half. On a floured surface, roll the first half into a large rectangle. Spread dough with 1/2 butter and 1/2 of the sugar/ cinnamon. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the nuts and raisins.
5. Roll up jellyroll fashion and cut into 12 slices. Place rolls in prepared pan.
6. Repeat with remainder of dough. Let rise in pans until double.
7. Preheat oven to 350.
8. Bake rolls 25 minutes or until just done in the center.
9. Remove from oven and drizzle with sugar glaze.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Shout out to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table. Thanks to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday.



17 comments:

cottage farm villa said...

YUM !!!!!! I will have to try this!!!

Miss Janice said...

These look sooooo good! Thanks for the recipe:)

Liz said...

Oh this does look yummy! I have never heard of a cake mix and yeast recipe.... that looks tricky to me.... Make sure and tell us how it goes! :)

~Liz

Desires of the Heart said...

This is one of our all-time favorite recipes!!! I have made these for years and they are always a Christmas morning staple. If you line the pan with foil, then you can easily lift them out, wrap them up to freeze also. My recipe also calls for a yummy brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, pecan glaze poured in the bottom of the pan before putting in the cut rolls. This recipe also makes a great dinner roll!! Enjoy them, they will always be a part of your life after you try them once!! Blessings, Linda

UnfinishedMom said...

These do look really delicious. I hope they turn out well for you. I've never tried cinnamon rolls with yeast either.

Cole said...

Oh, my!!! Those look fabulous! I will definitely be making those this weekend.

shopannies said...

my husbands grandmother could make the best tasting I cheat and pop them out of the can but they are there every christms morning maybe I will attempt to make them homemade

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Looks SO yummy, especially with the frosting dripping. That's when you know they're going to be good. :) Thanks for sharing with my TT readers. :)

donna said...

I agree with you about yeast...many years ago...we agreed not to even try to be buddies anymore.
But this recipe...well, I might give it another go.
I'll let you know if I was able to do it...or if we resort to the little pillsbury doughboy.
Have a Wonderful day...donna

ilovemy5kids said...

WOW!!! THAT looks scrumptious! YUMMY!!!

Blessings to you,
lana @ ilovemy5kids

Tracy said...

Looks Great Lisa! Makes a lot too :)
Hope all is well with ya!
Tracy

Blue Creek Home said...

Call me when you make these. I will be there..I'll bring my own fork!!!
Yummy!
Rhonda

Laura said...

I am still laughing! We have the same phobias: springform pans and yeast.

I am inspired to face my fears!
Thanks,
Laura

cindy said...

OK, cake mix and yeast...I could do these. Waaay easier than some of the cinny roll recipes that I've seen. And who does'nt love a good cinny roll?

-c
yapping cat

Melissa Miller said...

Oh no! One of my favorite foods ever! They look amazingly delicious Lisa. My diet will be over very soon and then I'll try some.

Thank you for your kindness on my last post sweet lady. ~Melissa :)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow.. this looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.. tomorrow is cooking and baking all day around here.. this is at the top of the list. Thank you for swinging by and saying hello. Pop in any 'ole time..hugs ~lynne~

Kelli said...

Oh my word, those look scrumptious! My hubby can't wait for me to try the recipe!
Blessings,
Kelli @ SustainingCreativity

Blogging tips