Saturday, November 7, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

singing birds

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God,and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
James 1:5 NLT

Commentary: I have learned that anytime I start asking myself, What am I going to do? I have one safe place to go. James 1:5. That can sound pat, but it really isn't; it is profound. When you ask God for wisdom, you are admitting, I am out of wisdom myself. My supply is exhausted. I can not reason my way out of this one. In the great sceme of things, this is the most wonderful place you can be. This is when God shines the brightest in your life. When the background of the situation is the blackest, the diamond of God's wisdom sparkles clearest.
Jan Silvious

Thanks to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday!








14 comments:

Debbie said...

This was good and so true as well. How wonderful is it that we can go to the wisest of the wise and He freely gives His wisdom to us? Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Debbie

Renee said...

A good post for me. Turning to God for His wisdom.....Amen!

Charlotte said...

This scripture was so meaningful to me several years ago when I was confused about a lot of doctrinal teachings of the church I was in. I really believe God answered my prayer. So many things became clear to me that I had wondered about. I still ask for wisdom so many times. How comforting to know that if we ask we will receive.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Ginger said...

This is a great scripture. God has answered many prayers of mine because of the wisdom I needed from him.
God Bless,
Ginger

Tracy said...

Great scripture Lisa! Many a time I have asked for wisdom and it did not turn out as I wanted, but ALWAYS turned out to be right for me in the long run. I am so grateful for that. Only God knows what is best for me :) What an awesome God is he!!!!
Tracy

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Great scripture and a wonderful reminder!!

RCUBEs said...

I just know that I'm lost without His wisdom daily. I strive to seek His wisdom in all of the things I do. Thank you for reminding us. I love the Book of James. Blessings.

Jane (Frugal Fine Living) said...

Great post! I know myself, apart from God, I have no wisdom. I need to seek him daily!

Jane

Clif said...

It never fails to amaze me how brief and clear your posts are each weak. This is very good!!!

A Little Of This And That said...

One of my favorite Scriptures. I've worn it out in my personal life. Daily, I need God's wisdom.

Sharlotte said...

This is so true...if only we would ask God. He is indeed generous! Thank you for sharing!

Denise said...

So very true.

nannykim said...

Good reminder!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful, thank you ~

Blogging tips