Monday, November 16, 2009

Gina's Pumpkin Cheesecake

Tuesdays at the Table
Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OK, Friends. I have not made this. I have never made a real cheesecake...with a springform pan. I'm afraid of springform pans. But this recipe will help me overcome my springform fear. Are you kidding...gingersnap crust...cinnamon whipped cream. This is my official Thanksgiving dessert. Say a cheesecake prayer for me.
The Recipe:
Crust: 30 gingersnap cookies
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Filling:
4 (8oz) packs cream cheese, room temp
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
5 lg eggs
1 1/2 teas ground cinnamon
1/2 teas ground ginger
1/4 teas freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teas ground cloves
1/2 teas salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teas vanilla extract
1 teas ground cinnamon

Directions
Crust:
Preheat the oven to 350
Add gingersnaps to the bowl of food processor and pulse until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl and add melted butter. Stir until evenly mixed. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 in springform pan with 3 in sides. Bake crust until golden brown, about 10 min
Remove from the oven and let cool completely while preparing the filling.
Filling:
Put a tea kettle filled with water on the stovetop, over med heat and bring to a boil.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.Add the pumpkin and beat until incorporated.
Wrap the sides and bottom of the springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Pour the filling into the pan and put it in a small roasting pan. Pour the hot water from the tea kettle into the roasting pan, filling halfway up the sides of the springform pan, about 1 1/2 inches. Bake until the center of the cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the water bath and let it cool on a wire rack.
Once cooled, use a paring knife to loosen the sides of the cake from the pan. Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hrs before serving. Serve with Cinnamon Whipped Cream.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
Pour the heavy whipped cream into a large bowl and beat withan electric mixer until thick and frothy. Add sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and beat until medium peaks form.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photo courtesy of Food Network.

Thanks to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.
Thanks to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday.




17 comments:

Blue Creek Home said...

My mouth is watering! I love cheesecake!!!

Thanks for adding my boutique button to your side bar.
Rhonda

Love the Decor! said...

You will do just fine!! Cheesecake is my favorite and pumpkin cheesecake YUM!!

Tara said...

That looks heavenly! Love cheesecake!

Cathy said...

Oh my...pumpkin and cheesecake...I'm in!!!

YUMMY!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Mieke said...

I would love a taste of this !

Liz said...

This looks YUMMO!!! I have made a for real cheesecake before.... And it was pretty successful.If I can do it you can do it! :)


~Liz

Stacey said...

That sounds and looks wonderful. I can just imagine it!

Saleslady371 said...

This looks good; I'll have to get my spring board pan out of storage!

Cole said...

I'm afraid of springform pans too. But the recipe looks good enough that I just might tackle my fear. :-)

heartnsoulcooking said...

I love cheesecake and with pumpkin sounds GREAT!!! for the holidays.
Geri

Karen Valentine said...

Oh my gosh my mouth is watering!!! Good luck on your first cheescake. I can see why you would want to try this one!

Karen
My Desert Cottage
btw...thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :)

Mary said...

Cheesecake is my favorite dessert...I could make a meal out of it! The recipe looks great...I've never made one from scratch, but holiday time is a perfect opportunity to treat my family to something delicious like this. Thanks, Lisa...let us know how yours turn out!

God bless,
Mary

Mary said...

Cheesecake is my favorite dessert...I could make a meal out of it! The recipe looks delicious...and making it for the holidays is a perfect time to treat friends and family to something homemade and yummy. Thanks for sharing this, Lisa...let us know how yours turn out!

God bless,
Mary

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I love REAL cheesecake, but like you have never owned a spring form pan and also a bit terrified of it!!!! My husband and son would PASS out if I made a REAL cheesecake, I make a cheesepie all the time, so I may have to do this, if you can do it so can I!!!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Michelle said...

See I always come by at the right time. Lol! Yummm!! This is definitely giving me an appetite back! Thank you SOOO much, Lisa, for coming by with your well wishes for all of us. We are on the mend and Mocha is hanging in there. She's had a great appetite the last few days so I am happy just for that. You are so sweet..and thoughtful. Thank you ever so much!!

Lots of love and hugs...

Michelle and the kitties :)

Miss Janice said...

I LOVE pumpkin cheesecake and have usually had a least one slice by now at the Cheesecake Factory. For some reason, this year I haven't had one yet...now it's on my list!

cindy said...

I'm right there with ya...Springform pans scare me too! LOL. But yeah, gingersnap cookie crust and cinnie whip.....hmmmmm, could make me rethink the sp fear. LOL. Looks awesome! I bet it tastes wonderful too!

-c
yapping cat

Blogging tips