Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Don't Be Mad

I was gonna do it. I promise I was...if for no other reason than to make you, Kindred Spirits, proud.
"Where are you going?", the Hubster inquired.
" To Williams Sonoma to buy a springform pan, so I can make this!" said I, proudly displaying the pumpkin cheesecake recipe.
"So you are going to spend $40 on a special pan and another $50 worth of ingredients on a recipe that may or may not turn out?"
"Yes."
"Why don't you just buy a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory?"
The man is a genius. That is what a post graduate degree from Baylor University will do for you. It will give you cheesecake clarity.
So while I had every intention of making a pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust in my new springform pan (what road is paved with good intentions?) this is what I bought.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes, Kindred Spirits, you can make pumpkin cheesecake on the phone. The perfect pumpkin cheesecake is 1 phone call away.
CHEESECAKE FACTORY Pictures, Images and Photos
No springform pan required.
Happy Thanksgiving, Ya'll!





13 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

You are too funny!!
I think during the holiday season anything you do to give yourself a little more free time is well worth it!! :)

red.neck chic said...

I am laughing SO HARD!!! I'm so glad the local university over here helps with SOMETHING! LOL I'll have to pass along that Cheesecake 101 is a very successful class. LOL

Lisa - you are fantastic!!! Enjoy each and every bite of that delicious looking cheesecake and have a WONDERFUL and BLESSED Thanksgiving!!!

;-) Robelyn

Tracy said...

Lisa I like your way of cooking! LOL
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Tracy

Elyse said...

hi lisa!

what a fun post! enjoy your cheesecake.

wishing you and your family a happy, healthy & yummy thanksgiving!

xo
elyse

Liz said...

he he he he! LOL! Your funny!

I hope you and your family have a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

~Liz

Michelle said...

Now that is my kind of baking! Lol! And who doesn't love Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lisa!! xoxo

Holly said...

Cute story! I can cook and I can bake, but I tried this "I am going to make a cheesecake" for Christmas a few years back...I should have called the Cheesecake Factory too.

Holly @ 504 Main

Holly said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for stopping by my place. Your blog is beautiful. I will be following you now.

Holly

southerninspiration said...

hahaha....funny story. Hope y'all enjoy it!
Happy thanksgiving!

Suzanne

Laura said...

Dear Miss Lisa-
I am sitting here 'resting' before I head into the kitchen to tackle pies.
When I clicked on your blog and it opened up I just signed and relaxed. It is so beautiful.

I don't blame you about the cheesecake-
I am tackling the Pioneer Woman's Flat Apple Pie using her pie crust recipe from her new cookbook.

My daughter who lives in Dallas is going to the book signing in your area to get it signed.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Laura

How do I join the book club?

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Sweet Lisa~ I'm strolling in to catch up and especially to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving!
It's such a wonderful time to stop and reflect on all those we cherish and are truly grateful for.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to visit and leave feeling inspired!

Even though our Thanksgiving is very small in number, with hubby and son (we don't count the cat cause she doesn't like turkey). We don't scrimp on the menu...from appetizers to desserts with several carb loaded dishes in between! We will be enjoying tryptophan playoffs too!

Sweet Holiday wishes,
Sara

Mary said...

Oh, Lisa, I love it! You are adorable! What a great idea...actually, I went to Costco and bought my pumpkin cheesecake...no, actually I bought a pumpkin pie AND a cheesecake! I thought about making them, but with everything else to do, it just didn't make sense. Thank goodness we have great places to purchase delicious desserts!

Have an absolutely marvelous Thanksgiving, filled with laughter and joy, with those that you love!

Mary

Katie said...

I wish you could cook or bake for me. Your awesome.

Blogging tips