Thursday, October 1, 2009

You Only Thought You Knew

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sweetie Pie Tee over at Browne Eyed Girl gave me this cool award! Thanks Tee! I have to tell you 10 honest things about myself. OK. Here goes.

1:I am a flossing fanatic. I floss more than the hubster and he's a dentist.

2:I do not like reality TV (except for HGTV which does not count). I'm more of a sitcom, Hallmark movie of the week kinda gal. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

3:I enjoy me a good decorating magazine. I do...I do! And I'm still mourning the loss of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion.There is nothin' better than sitting up in the bed with a cup of tea and an armful of new magazines. Heaven!

4: I can hula hoop like a banshee...

5: but I do not dance. No. Not for nobody, no how.

6:I worked as a bridal consultant, and later an assisitant buyer for, Francine's Bridal in Preston Center-Dallas,Texas. If any of you gals got your dress from Francine's back in the day (late 70's early 80's) I probably know you and yo' Mama if she came with you to get your dress.

7: Nature does not like me. I have tried to garden and putter about and every single time have got ant bit, bee stung or slathered up with poison ivy. I have since given it up as a bad job. But I am determined to have a vegetable garden "put in". Key word being,"put in". You know they have companies that do that. The vegetable garden in on my bucket list.

8: I have decided that I am going to buy a home in the Texas Hill Country. Shhhh. Don't tell the hubster. He'll start wavin' that checkbook again.

9:I am a great cook, not to toot my own horn but...beep...beep.

10: Jr. Mints are my favorite candy.

I offer this award to all my dear bloggy friends. If any of you need a little blog award pick me up, please accept this from me along with a great big hug!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on your award, Lisa!! Loved getting to know you. :) Will you make a video of you hula hooping like a banshee? I'd love to see that! :)

xoxo

Tee said...

"but I do not dance. No. Not for nobody, no how."
Oh, that is too funny. Great list!

#3 - Amen!
#9 - Toot away girl, it shows...
#8 - Can I come visit?

Hugs,
Tee

Mrs. G said...

I alway love reading these awards and getting to know people a little better. I'm affraid I'm not very good at doing them though.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Sue

Controlling My Chaos said...

I'm impressed that you can hula hoop. I used to be able to do it, but since I lost my waist and can't keep the dang thing from falling to my ankles. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

Cathy said...

You are not going to believe this but we just got back from a house shopping trip in Fredericksburg!!! We are looking to possibly move to that area and wanted to check a few places out.

We found the most darling house in the heart of the historical district...I am in love!!! It was built in the 1890's and had a small addition in the early 1900's. It would be a big change...but I think we are ready for it.

I sooo loved reading your post and finding out a little bit more about you...sweet girl...we have a lot in common!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Liz said...

HE HE HE... I can dance (to my own beat) but no hula hoop! LOL! I to would love a home in the hill country. We are just a little paralyzed by the thought of starting over somewhere and of course the cost is always an issue.

It is nice to get to a sweet lady like you! :)
~Liz

cindy said...

#1 and #3, I'm there with baby! :D And #4...interesting, would love to see that! LOL.

-c
yapping cat

Blogging tips