Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tradition

The 14 year old thespian is a freshman this year...1st year of high school! Oh my! A fun tradition at LHS is students get to paint their parking spaces.So on a particular weekend in late August you will find Pollack posers and Picasso wanne-be's eagerly personalizing their car's home away from home. Look!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
These kids are so talented!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Standing..er...parking on The Word.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I love school traditions,don't you?



5 comments:

Stacey said...

I've heard of schools letting kids do that and I've never actually seen it. Our kids don't have assigned places. My son just thinks it's awesome because he's in the Senior lots this year. My Senior is the thespian in our house. We are looking at colleges with music theater programs. You never know where their passions will lead you!

Nancy said...

I love this idea...it would never happen at our HS, because they,too don't have assigned spots!-or would not trust that students would do the right thing...which is too bad. I love the creativity!
~Nancy

Saleslady371 said...

I'm so glad to know about this. Amazing how the school agrees to it!

Tracy said...

Lisa, what a great idea!!! I love it!
Hope you get to enjoy a long weekend this weekend!
Happy Labor Day!
Tarcy

red.neck chic said...

Oh - I love it!!! Mine doesn't start driving until next year (WHEW!) but I can't wait to see what he comes up with...or is it - I'm scared to see what he comes up with? ha!

That's great - and I am so excited (and proud even though they aren't mine!)to see kids "parking" on their beliefs and faith...

Have a wonderful week-end!!!

robelyn

Blogging tips