Thursday, September 17, 2009

Toilet Paper Pumpkins

Yes. You read that right. I am going to show you how to make no-sew, cute as the dickens, fun project for the kids, toilet paper pumpkins.
For each pumpkin you need:
1 roll of toilet paper
1- 18x22 inch piece of orange fabric
1- 2x10 inch strip of green fabric
a brown paper bag
and a few strands of raffia.
Step 1- Place TP in center of orange fabric and pull all corners up and tuck into center hole.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Step 2- Twist bag and fold in half.
Step 3- Place twisted bag in center of green fabric strip and raffia strands.Place in center.
Voila!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Aren't they cute? Fun project for preschoolers (of which I have none,but when I had some, we made these. That's how old this project is. It's so old it's New again.) on a rainy day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Happy Fall Ya'll!




16 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Lisa these are just about the cutest lil' pumpkin guys ever! ~Precious.

Thank you very much for your kindness and encouragment on my last post. It means alot to me to have such a wonderful blog friend. I appreciate "you".

~Blessings my friend, ~Melissa ;)

sarah said...

how do you know to do these things????? Sarah

Barbara said...

Lisa, Darling pumpkins,,,I have lots just stuffed with battening, but none with toilet paper.

Great job.
Barbara

red.neck chic said...

Oh my gosh...there is not going to be any toilet paper left in my house by 9pm tonight...LOL

Those are so cute!!! Thank You for sharing!!!
:-) Robelyn

meroSmero said...

Thank you, is very creative!!!

Karen said...

Lisa this is just too flippin' cute! Kinda makes me wish I had a pre-schooler again . . . well . . . maybe not. LOL.
Have a great weekend!

LuLu said...

YOu just made my day!!! So cute, my chickadees will love making these with me and they can give them as gifts to their teachers!
thank you for sharing!!!
happy Friday to you,
xo,
LuLu

Elyse said...

adorable!

a better use of TP on halloween, eh?! LOL

xo

blushing rose said...

Now this is MY KIND OF pumpkin!!! TY for sharing. Have a lovely weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Lisa, these are too cute...I sure thought I had posted on this (been having internet issues)I goofed. Sorry.
Girl, you come up with the cutest things. Are you always making something?
Have a Blessed weekend!

Liz said...

Haaaay! Those are so cute! What a great idea. Very Clever, Gurly! :)

~Liz

Katie said...

That is so cute!! My kids would love that. Your so fun.

Rita @ Goodwill Haunting said...

This is just too cute! I don't have any little ones, but I would love to make a few myself! So easy peasy! Thanks for sharing!

Miss Janice said...

I just love these little pumpkins you made...they are soooo cute!

Tricia Anne said...

How cute!!

Blogging tips