Monday, September 14, 2009

Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Tuesdays at the Table
TuesdaysAtTheTable

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Recipe:2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
2 teas Dijon mustard
1 teas soy sauce
salt and freshly ground pepper
8 slices pepper jack cheese, cut from an 8 oz block
1 beefsteak tomato
olive oil
4 lg buns
mayo
lettuce

Preheat grill over med-hi heat.
Add garlic, onion, turkey, mustard,soy sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste, to a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Divide the turkey into 8 equal- sized balls and flatten them into patties. Lay 2 slices of cheese on 4 of the patties and cover each with another patty. Pinch the edges to seal the patties closed, so the cheese will not melt out.
Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill to a plate. Toast the buns on the grill and set aside.
Grill the burgers until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. transfer the buns and top with mayo, lettuce and grilled tomatoes. Enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Thanks to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table and to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesdays!


15 comments:

Mary said...

Yum...thanks for sharing a great recipe!

God bless!

Mary

SnoWhite said...

What a fun way to change up the traditional burger. Sounds tasty.

Stacey said...

Do you know that I've never cooked with ground turkey? Always think the burgers sound yummy. I'll have to try it...when my husband is out of town. He would be offended that it's not beef.

Sherry said...

This sounds amazing! :D

Jodi said...

These sound yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Neuffj said...

These will be hitting our table sometime too soon! YUmmmmm! The Neuff

Cathy said...

Yummy!!! I love turkey burgers!!! These sound amazing!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

darnold23 said...

These really look good. I love to grill turkey burgers and have them available for lunches, etc. during the week. Thanks for sharing this. I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday.

Tracy said...

Lisa, you have the best recipes. I have never had a turkey burger...I've never used ground turkey for that matter. I need to try it. It might be too healthy though! LOL
Hope you are well!
Tracy

cindy said...

This looks yum! Will have to give this one a try for sure. Love Turkey burgers anyway....this is making me hungry! LOL

-c
yapping cat

Michelle said...

This looks divine, Lisa! I tried a version of this last year and it was so tasty and gooey!!

red.neck chic said...

Good grief....you make me want to go home and cook!!! There's a burn ban on my house due to my cooking - but I think I can find some way around that (or go visit my Mom with recipe in hand!)!

This looks SO GOOD!!! Thank You for sharing!

Shelia said...

This sounds delicious! /Thanks for popping in to see me today!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Elyse said...

delish!

i use ground turkey for tacos and soups. it's a nice substitute.

thanks, lisa!

xo

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Greetings Lisa ~ I'm finally back from a summer long blogcation.

Thees stuffed burgers are definitely a *must try* recipe. I've always liked turkey as a lighter alternative to ground beef. Your burgers looked so good! With summer closing this is a nice reminder that grilling can still be done indoors with the same BBQ flavor.

I'd like my stuffed T-burgers with your strawberry shortcake for dessert.

I've enjoyed catching up. Please stop by...I look forward to the return of your company.
Sweet wishes,
Sara

Blogging tips