Saturday, September 26, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

singing birds

We love, because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19 NASB

Commentary:In the 105 verses in 1 John, love is mentioned more than 40 times. That's a lot of verses in such a short epistle about love. With seven words, however, the apostle John summarizes his teaching on this important topic, "We love, because He first loved us."This is God's kind of love. It is the fruit of the Spirit that indwells us (Gal. 5:22).
It is an outflow of the Holy Spirit.
*Joy is love enjoying.
*Peace is love resting.
*Patience is love waiting.
*Kindness is love reacting.
*Goodness is love choosing.
*Faithfulness is love keeping its word.
*Gentleness is love being able to empathize.
*Self-control is love being in charge.
Dr. Charles Stanley

Big Thanks Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday!


8 comments:

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Good Morning Lisa,
Thank you for sharing Dr Stanley's thoughts on the Fruit of the Spirit! So powerful!
Blessings,
Sue

Saleslady371 said...

Very practical and encouraging. Thanks so much!

Jean Stockdale said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! God has been so good and we are so blessed!

Blessings!

Cathy said...

Amen!!! I absolutely LOVE this!!! I am so grateful the He loves me...so grateful!!!

God bless you and your family and have a wonderful Sunday evening!!!

SmilingSally said...

That man can preach!

donna said...

Hi Lisa! I'm so...glad you stopped by to say Hello. I'm ever so thrilled to have found you. I Love your post. I myself moved here to Indiana from the DFW area! (14 years ago!) My children have recently moved back to Texas and I miss them very much!It's always lovely to hear from others from the Lone Star State! God Bless you and yours...dj

RCUBEs said...

Love does cover everything...And God is love...Have a great week ahead sister! God bless you.

cindy said...

as a newbie christian (yeaaars ago) that was my absolute fav verse and in many ways...still is.

:D
-c
yapping cat

Blogging tips