Saturday, September 5, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

singing birds
And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and annointed them with the fragrant oil. Now when the pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying,"This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."
Luke 7:37-39 KJV

commentary: She thought she was washing His feet, but even while she annointed Him, He was cleansing her reputation and transforming her destiny. She was immortalized by Jesus as one of the examples of a true worshiper. Do you need your destiny altered? Would you like to see your future changed? No matter how unqualified you are, no matter what your past failures keep telling you, your future is bright if you are a worshiper.
Tommy Tenney

Thank you! Thank you! to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday.



20 comments:

RCUBEs said...

I love reading and rereading this. She is a great example to what our attitude should be towards the Lord. It's all about Him always...Blessings.

blushing rose said...

Beautiful post ... He is our all!

Have a lovely weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

char72 said...

What a beautiful reminder of God's transforming power. Thank you for sharing this with us today.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Cathy said...

That is wonderful, thank you. Isn't Tommy Tenney great.

Denise said...

Such a lovely reminder.

enchanting cottage said...

This one of my favorite scriptures. Only by the grace of God. Thank-you much for this beautiful post.
Blessings,
Ginger

sarah said...

this is awesome. I am so grateful for His grace, His love, His forgiveness. Sarah

Tara said...

Skipped over here after seeing you on one of my favorite bloggy friends blog, Suzanne, at Southern Inspiration. Isn't she a jewel! I read your profile and noticed that you and I have a lot in common...Texas, 50, need to lose a few pounds. Hope you don't mind me following your lovely blog. I enjoyed your post today. Thought provoking.
Have a blessed one.

Mevely317 said...

I love this! ...
Indeed, how blessed we are, to be cleansed by His love!

Myra

Cathy said...

Amen!!! I love this!!! I can never hear it enough!!!

Thanks for sharing this today!!!

God bless you and your family!!! Happy Sunday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Mary said...

Beautiful commentary by Tommy Tenney! Jesus wipes way our tears, cleanses our hearts, and makes us whole and free from sin...what a sacrifice of love that I don't think we will ever truly understand til the day we are kneeling at his beautiful feet ourselves. Saved by Grace...Jesus...I love that name...I love Him.

Blessings,
Mary

Warren Baldwin said...

Great quote from Tommy Tenney.

Susan said...

Only Jesus!!!
Susan

Nancy said...

Oh Lisa, This was so wonderful!!! I love you Jesus!!!! Thank you Lisa!!! Nancy

Saleslady371 said...

Lisa,
I long to be a true worshipper like this.

nannykim said...

ahh yes....worship is transforming---"seeing" our God is transforming....glimpses of Him change our lives. (my post is on my devotional blog)

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

I love this story and I enjoyed Tommy Tenney's commentary on it. Truly, it is a miracle what He can do in any one of our lives! He is the Miracle Worker! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jeanne said...

One of the stories that leaves such an impression. I like the commentary.

Hugs...Jeanne

sarah said...

I believe in His ability to change our destiny's. Thank you for this. Sarah

Melissa Miller said...

Have a blessed and relaxing Labor Day Lisa! :)

Blogging tips