Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

singing birds

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
Philippians 4:6 NLT

Commentary: Here are five promises to get into your spirit to "blast away" uncertainty about the future:
I can-Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Whatever is needed from me, I can do it.
There is a way- 1 Corinthians 10:13 reveals there is a way for every person (whether to get out of a tough time or to get into God's purpose.)
I've prayed-James 5:16-17 tells us that our prayers are powerful and effective. Things will be different because we pray.
God will finish what He has started- Philippians 1:6 tells us to be confident of God's finishing power.
It will be OK-Romans 8:28 says that all things will work for good in my life as I focus on two things:1) God's call for me, and 2) loving Jesus Christ first in my life.
Steve Backlund

Thanks a million to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday!





17 comments:

blushing rose said...

Perfect! Enjoy your weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

Tricia Anne said...

God will finish what He has started! Oh how I cling to that promise! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Mary said...

Those are powerful scriptures...God's Word is a powerful weapon...I once went to a seminar that taught me to "engraft" them on my heart, so they will never be lost or forgotten. Thanks for sharing!

Mary

SmilingSally said...

How encouraging.

Tracy said...

Hi Lisa, you picked a great one this week. I really needed this encouragement.
Thanks...have a great Sunday!
Tracy

enchanting cottage said...

What great scriptures to read. In times like these I wish more people would be more open to reading scriptures like these.
Thank-you so much for sharing this today. I love these scriptures and they have gotten me out of different situations.
God Bless,
Ginger

hip chick said...

Beautiful post reminding us to have confidance in God.

Mevely317 said...

These are so comforting ... thank you!

nannykim said...

Man, I needed those words--thank you so much.

cindy said...

This is wonderful, thank you!

-c
yapping cat

RCUBEs said...

The One Who is forever faithful will complete my work! Awesome! Blessings. Have a great week ahead!

Clif said...

Excellent. Thank you for posting.

char72 said...

These are great scriptures that we can't be reminded of too often. Thanks for the reminder today.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Encouraging words! Thanks for sharing, Lisa.

Blessings,
Sandi

LuLu said...

Beautiful post! So encouraging!!!
happy day to you,
LuLu

P.S. loved your rooster post!!! too cute

Ms.Daisy said...

Lisa,
Comforting words. Thank you for posting these to remind us all of God's promises to us.


~Jean

Renee said...

This is beautiful, Lisa and very comforting..We need good reminders of God's promises for his children.

Renee
www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

Blogging tips