Saturday, August 22, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

singing birds

Clothe yourselves therefore, as God's own chosen ones (His own picked representatives), [who are] purified and holy and well beloved [by God Himself, by putting on behavior marked by] tenderhearted pity and mercy, kind feeling, a lowly opinion of yourselves, gentle ways, [and] patience [which is tireless and long-suffering, and has the power to endure whatever comes, with good temper.]
Colossians 3:12 AMP

Commentary:I turn to this scripture often to remind me of what kind of behavior I should be displaying in all situations. I remind myself that patience is not my ability to wait, but my ability to keep a good attitude while I wait.
Joyce Meyer

Thanks a million to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday!



18 comments:

char72 said...

So true. It's easier to wait and be angry about it than it is to do it with a good attitude. Thanks for sharing this.
Blessings,
Charlotte

enchanting cottage said...

This is such a perfect reminder. Working in the public I often find myself thinking of this scripture.
Ginger

Clif said...

Excellent. Much needed. Thank you for posting.

RCUBEs said...

It should be our most favorite apparel everyday. Have a great weekend and God bless.

blushing rose said...

Should have had this post this morn ... great psot. TTFN ~Marydon

Melissa Miller said...

Lisa I needed to read this tonight my friend. Thank you. ~Blessings, ~Melissa

Mevely317 said...

Lovely! ... Thank you, Lisa, for always bringing something to light that I might use in the coming weeks to prop my spirits, my attitude.

Have a great SS!

Denise said...

Beautiful reminder.

Mary said...

A verse to live by...one that I often discuss with my grandgirls...amazing how much I learn from those discussions! Blessings.

Mary

SmilingSally said...

Attitude is so important! Have a Happy Sunday.

KarenHarveyCox said...

A verse that makes me mindful. I will use this often.

Blessings, Karen

DeniseMarie said...

true words. We are such impatient people today and I have to fight to not be quick to anger. Traffic alone sets people to riot. ;D

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Very nice... thanks for sharing.

♥ Claudia ♥

BoufMom9 said...

Beautiful verses and interpretation.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Blessings!
~Debi~

http://throughhimallthingsarepossible.blogspot.com/2009/08/spiritual-sundays-will-you-call-him.html

Karen said...

Wonderful words of Life! Thank you. Bless you!

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Great post! We must always have an attitude of gratitude! Enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

LuLu said...

Wonderful blessing to read this.
LuLu

Angie said...

What a great reminder of how we should live.

Blogging tips