Monday, August 17, 2009

Grilled Peach Salad

Tuesdays at the Table
TuesdaysAtTheTable

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Another Food Network Home Run!
The Recipe:
5 slices bacon
1 shallot chopped
1 teas Dijon mustard
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teas sugar
kosher salt
ground pepper
extra virgin olive oil
3 firm ripe peaches quatered
1 bag baby spinach
1/2 red red onion thinly sliced

Preheat grill or grill pan to medium- high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Cook bacon in skillet until crisp.Drain on paper towel and crumble. Set aside. Add shallots to skillet and saute until tender. Stir in mustard, vinegar and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.Brush peaches with olive oil and grill 1-2 minutes on each side.Add spinach and onions to large serving bowl.Add peaches, vinaigrette and bacon. Toss and serve!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks bunches to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
for hosting Tasty Tuesday and to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.

9 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Lisa, that looks so yummy....let's do lunch!!! :)

Suzanne

Amy Green said...

I found you through Tasty Tuesday and saw the grilled peaches - one of my favorites! I love the sweet, salty, tart combo that is going on in your salad. It looks great. I'm a Food Network junkie - I don't know what to do with myself on Sunday nights now that The Next Food Network Star is over.
Amy Green
Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free

cindy said...

Looks delish! And a great way to use the last of the summer peaches! :D

-c
yapping cat

Cole said...

Peaches are one of my favorite fruits; I never would have thought that they'd go with bacon. Guess I'll have to try that flavor combo!

Elyse said...

that looks yummy and interesting!

xo

Bay said...

mmmm mmmm mmmmmmm! I'm lickin' my lips....I can almost taste it. YUM!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment. I really appreciate it :)

Nancy said...

Oh Lisa, That looks so delish and perfect for summer!!! Nancy

Liz said...

ummm...YUMMY! Perfect for a summer dinner. I love peaches!

~Liz

Michelle said...

I've never seen a salad with peaches in it. Looks delish!

Blogging tips