Monday, August 3, 2009

Chicken and Green Chile Enchiladas

Tuesdays at the Table
TuesdaysAtTheTable

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got this recipe out of this month's Southern Living and it was a huge hit!
The recipe: 3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
2/3 cup onion and garlic mixture
2 4oz cans chopped green chiles
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
3 10oz cans enchilada sauce divided
2 cups shredded Mexican four cheese blend, divided
8 burrito size flour tortillas

1. Preheat oven tp 425. Stir together first 4 ingredients, 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce and 1 cup cheese.
2. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll tortillas up and place seam side down in lightly greased 13x9 baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
3. Bake covered at 425 for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.

Onion and Garlic Mixture:
2 cups chopped onion
1 tbsp oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped

Saute onion in hot oil over medium heat 8 minutes or until tender; add garlic and saute 2 minutes. You may store in airtight container for up to 5 days.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table and Thanks to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday!




14 comments:

Cherry's Jubilee said...

YUMMMMM Lisa! I have a few southern living cookbooks...and love the recipes. cherry

Barbara said...

Lisa, I saw that recipe and glad to know you tried and give it your stamp of approval. I enjoy coming to visit you and hope you stop by ans see me.

Happy Tuesday.

Stacey said...

Lisa, that sounds so good! We just went to Sam's this past weekend. I bought a rotisserie chicken and took all the meat off then stuck it in the freezer. My boys would love these enchiladas. Thanks!

kymber said...

Hi Lisa,
Wow! I was trying to make out a grocery list for today and I happened upon your post - YUM! Now I know what I will make for dinner. My family will love it and it is healthy for them too!
I love trying new recipes - I get so tired of making the same dinners each week. This is sure to put a smile on their faces.
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Kymber

Tracy said...

Ohh looks yummy! I'll have to try them. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day Lisa!
Tracy

Cathy said...

Oh...you read my mind!!! I was just looking for a similar recipe yesterday!!! Now I can make yours insted!!! Yeah!!! This looks so YUMMY!!! I can't wait!!!

Thanks
XOXO
Cathy

Tricia Anne said...

Oh boy that looks delicious!

Katie said...

Can you cook for me (: It looks fab!!

darnold23 said...

Enchiladas seem to be the theme this week. I was thinking about using up some leftover roasted chicken to make them this week. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you will join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. The giveaways this weeks are really great!

Cole said...

Enchiladas are always so delicious! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Liz said...

Yumo! We had Chicken Enchilada Casserole the other night and I ate the leftovers for lunch today. These look delish. :)

~Liz

cindy said...

Look fabulous! Thanks for the recipe. will have to give em a whirl!

-c
yapping cat

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, YUM! I have been on an enchilada kick lately and these look delicious! I will try these very soon. :)

Michelle :)

Karen said...

I am so glad to have INTERNET again! This RVing sure plays havoc with blogging! :)
I am making a note of this one. I can't make it on the road, we have a micro/convection combo and I have no clue how to do the conversions!
But when I get home . . . YUM!!

Blogging tips