Monday, August 31, 2009

The Best Strawberry Shortcake

Tuesdays at the Table
TuesdaysAtTheTable

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The recipe:
1 can Grands biscuits
2 or 3 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 qt strawberries, washed and halved
whipped cream

Open can of biscuits and dip the tops of each one in melted butter. Then dip buttered top in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake as directed. Serve with berries and whipped cream.These shortcakes are scrumpdilly-icious and super easy. The sugar and butter make a crunchy foil to the cream...just wonderful! I promise!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big love to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table and to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday.




14 comments:

Cole said...

Oh, that looks heavenly! I love Strawberry Shortcake. :-)

Amy said...

I so love strawberries and this would be easy to make.

sarah said...

I need to learn to cook. this looks great.

Stacey said...

Seriously yummy!Sounds like it's easy too. :)

Nancy said...

Oh that looks so good!

Liz said...

Scrumpdilly-icious I'm sure! :)

Yummy and pretty!

~Liz

heartnsoulcooking said...

YUMMY!!! love strawberries. THANKS!!! Geri

Melissa Miller said...

Lisa this looks wonderful! We just bought strawberries a few days ago to try and make some Strawberry Shortcake. Thanks for sharing! :)

Laura said...

What a great recipe!
It sounds easy and good.

Thanks-
Enjoyed visiting,
Laura

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

So yummy and so quick and easy!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

red.neck chic said...

i need to learn how to cook without burning my kitchen down...that looks SO good!!! think i could have that for breakfast?

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)
robelyn

Cathy said...

I swear I gain 10lbs every time I stop by here!!!

I love strawberry shortcake...it is one of fav's!!! Anything with strawberries or lemon and I am a happy camper!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful week!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Michelle said...

I always seem to come by when you have food posted. LOL! Must be my "piggy radar" goin' This looks absolutely divine, Lisa!!

Vicki said...

Mmmmm! Sounds delicious and easy to make too! Thanks for sharing. Vicki

Blogging tips