Monday, July 13, 2009

Sweet Tea

TuesdaysAtTheTable

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We are not cooking in Texas. The temperature was 104 today and expected to be as much tomorrow. They can have anything at my house to eat they want...as long as I don't have to cook it. We are all on sweet tea IV drips with extra ice.

The recipe:
3 family sz ice tea bags
2 cups boiling water
1 cup sugar
1 cup water

In a large glass measuring cup, pour boiling water over tea bags. Steep for 10-15 minutes.Remove tea bags. Over medium heat dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water. Add tea to sugar syrup in a 2 quart pitcher. Add water and ice to fill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday and to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.



13 comments:

LuLu said...

wow it's hot there! Your sweet tea sounds wonderfully refreshing! hope it cools soon! at least there's no cooking... that sounds kinda good to me!
have a great day ,
LuLu

Nancy said...

OOOH Lisa, We have those same iv drips here!!! LOL ;) Head to the pool if you can...stay cool what ever you do!!!! Nancy

Tracy said...

Oh my! I'm a Summer lover, but I am about sick of this...I'm moving up north for the rest of the Summer. Wanna go with me? We can come back late October early November! LOL
Tracy

southerninspiration said...

Tracey, I wanna go!!

Sweet Tea and anything else cold will do......I'm considering an ice bath....
Stay cool, friends.

Suzanne

Karen said...

Yup it's supposed to hit 100 here today too. Ugh. Boy! A nice tall glass of sweet tea sounds so good!

Saleslady371 said...

So this is how its made!!!! I am going to make some right now in our 103 AZ degrees!

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for coming over to say hi! I don't know what part of Az the saleslady lives in but she forgot to add 10 degrees. It's 113 here right now!
So have a glass of tea for me too will you?

xxxKaren
My Desert Cottage

Liz said...

Hi Miss Lisa! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog give away. :) My scrap blogging secret is that I use Scrapblog. I haven't done a tutorial on it cuz it really is so easy! Just go to the site and you can figure it out. It was basically designed for us drag and droppers! :) If I can do it anyone can. Really! Your name is in the pot. Wouldn't it be funny if I pulled your name? he he he!
~Liz

P.S. 114 in Phoenix right now! Yuck!

Cole said...

So easy and so yummy!!

newlyweds said...

Nothing better than sweet tea on a hot day!!

fiberdoodles said...

Hi LIsa,

Thanks so much for stopping by my birthday party ;) I always enjoy meeting new people! I love your blog, it is so inviting. I hope we can visit again.

Take care,
Sharon

Michelle said...

Ohhhh...I feel for you, Lisa!! That is way too hot for me. Hey I've always wondered how to make sweet tea. I loved it when I visited my brother when he lived in South Carolina. It definitely was refreshing. Good idea...the IV drips. LOL!

Hang in there!

xoxo

Michelle

Melissa Miller said...

Sweet tea sounds wonderfully refreshing right now. Yummm! :)

Blogging tips